Bill Simmons

SavedFuckerSavedFucker Posts: 215
edited March 2008 in The Porch
ESPN has his wife's bracket selection since she always has better NFL picks than him.

"Washington State (4) over George Mason (12): The state of Washington gave me "Singles" and Pearl Jam, so that's worth a Sweet 16 vote"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080318
i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    that is great. simmons is the man.
  • Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 235
    that is great. simmons is the man.
    I have to agree with that. He once made a comment about Ed "phoning in" I Am Mine. So I sent him the link to Ed's solo rendition of the song from one of the SF shows in '06. Bill wrote back and all he said is "I stand corrected"

Good stuff! :)
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    Too bad he fucking sucks. Guess not every PJ fan can be cool. He's the biggest homer douchebag, especially when his teams are winning. He had 18-1 coming to him, and I'm glad. Suck it, Simmons.
  • JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Dogman3 wrote:
    Too bad he fucking sucks. Guess not every PJ fan can be cool. He's the biggest homer douchebag, especially when his teams are winning. He had 18-1 coming to him, and I'm glad. Suck it, Simmons.

Well. That was pleasant.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Dogman3 wrote:

dude, he just writes about his teams. hes a fan and its his blog so hes allowed to write about the teams he likes. hes a great writer and is very knowledgable about sports, particularly basketball. i am a yanks and giants fan and he always makes fun of them, but it doesnt bother me. i really enjoy his blog and i love to read everything he writes.
  • Boston21Boston21 Posts: 26
    Simmons is awesome. He's a big PJ fan.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    simmons is awesome
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • SavedFuckerSavedFucker Posts: 215
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I just wanted to say your nickname is really clever :-)

haha i appreciate that
    i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
  • pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    Simmons also said in an article that Spin the Black Circle was the worst song of all time...out of any band. But he also says he is a Pearl Jam fan...or was a fan.
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,633
    The best Bill Simmons web site:
    http://www.sotsg.com/forum/index.php

I miss the Digital City Days.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• I wonder if Simmons will be at either of the EV LA shows?
  • Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    Simmons USED to be cool. I used to enjoy his articles. Then as the Sox and Pats started winning, he turned into a douche bag. Even when his teams won, he'd whine about the refs or umps or something stupid.
  • Dogman3 wrote:
    Simmons USED to be cool. I used to enjoy his articles. Then as the Sox and Pats started winning, he turned into a douche bag. Even when his teams won, he'd whine about the refs or umps or something stupid.
    It's because he's a fan. That's what fans do. If you don't believe me just look at the front page of this very message board at any given time....