the flaming man shaking hands with a suit

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited February 2008 in Other Music
anybody catch that i'm talking about the album cover of Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here"?

anyways, i own the vinyl and cd, and on my way home from work i decided to throw on wish you were here and i came to the conclusion that this is one of those classic albums that just simply sounds better as a vinyl, almost like the pop and cracks add to the music.

so i've decided to name a just few other albums of the top of my head that fall under this same category:

pearl jam's - no code
black sabbath - first four albums :D
rolling stones - sticky fingers

anybody got any other good ones?
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    into the wild
  • binaural

agree with you on the sabbath ones, i love playing those records....hand of doom especially good
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    binaural

agree with you on the sabbath ones, i love playing those records....hand of doom especially good

yyyyyyyeah! paranoid is awesome, master of reality and vol. 4 are totally kick ass too.

black sabbath is like pearl jam in the sense that all their albums sound slightly the same, but all have these different feels, twists and inspirations to them...although i'm afraid that black sabbath is on the verge of being ruined just like zeppelin, ac/dc, and skynyrd by wal-mart, target, and hot topic

shame shame.

btw, i bet into the wild sounds great on vinyl
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Have a perfect copy on vinyl so not much static
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Revolver (mono version)
    Astral Weeks
    Beggars Banquet
    Led Zep III
    Solid Air

My vinyl copies are worn to fook, but I'd rather hear them than the CDs.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I've been considering buying a record player lately. I keep hearing the audiophiles rave about the "warmer sound". Honestly, does it sound better or is it more of a nostalgia thing? What are some good record players?