Type O Negative

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited August 2008 in Other Music
Is awesome. Just a random thought, but I've really been constantly listening to them lately and have fallen in love with ALL their stuff. All their albums are good, although my favorite is October Rust.

Any appreciation out there?
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yes! They are one of my favorite bands. I love everything they do, but I would say that World Coming Down is my favorite album. October Rust is definitely amazing though. Can't wait for the next album, as the last one was brilliant and I am eager to hear what direction they're going to go with next. My only quibble with them is that they kind of suck live... good thing we have Pearl Jam for that yeah???
  • Yes! They are one of my favorite bands. I love everything they do, but I would say that World Coming Down is my favorite album. October Rust is definitely amazing though. Can't wait for the next album, as the last one was brilliant and I am eager to hear what direction they're going to go with next. My only quibble with them is that they kind of suck live... good thing we have Pearl Jam for that yeah???

Wha? suck live? thats crazy talk, peter's an amazing bassist.

October Rust is F'ing awesome. They do awesome covers as well
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    They have 3 or 4 cool albums. love october rust.

That early song about infidelity... where he chants "I know your fucking someone else" i always thought that song was a jam.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    They don't suck live, however the only time I've seen them was when I was just gettin ginto them and didn't know hardly ANY songs...so I wasn't that into it...I wish I could go see them again.

I saw them on the Dead Again tour last spring. That album is a fucking rockout.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    liked them in my mid 20s. saw them twice (both times on Halloween in Philly). best records by far are October Rust and World Coming Down. after that i lost intrest. the bsides on Least Worst Of were good... 12 Black Rainbows and Stay Out Of My Dreams especially.