Just got tickets for...

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Henry Rollins spoken word, November 10th, 2008.
I'm really excited for this show. I've always been a fan of Hank. I've read a few of his books, I really dig Rollins Band and Black Flag, and his spoken word is just my sense of humor.

Anyone seen his live performance, spoken word or musical?? How is he as a performer?
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i've seen him 7 or 8 times

He's going to stand in front of you with nothing but a microphone for 3 hours. When he's done, you're going to think the time went quick and wish he talked for 3 more.

Everything he says will be hilarious. Until the last 15 minutes when he tells a story that gives you something to think about when you leave. You will have the greatest time ever, and then walk away in 1000% full appreciation of your life.

The experience is amazing.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    You do not know how excited you just made me!!!!

I can't wait...Jennifer (girlfriend) and I have a whole night planned out for it...we are looking very foward to it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i've seen him 7 or 8 times

He's going to stand in front of you with nothing but a microphone for 3 hours. When he's done, you're going to think the time went quick and wish he talked for 3 more.

Everything he says will be hilarious. Until the last 15 minutes when he tells a story that gives you something to think about when you leave. You will have the greatest time ever, and then walk away in 1000% full appreciation of your life.

The experience is amazing.

agree. i could listen to him talk all night. though after 3 hours your arse does get a bit numb. :D

when he speaks of going to bathesda and walter reed it really stops your heart and makes you think.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Yeah, his spoken word gigs kick ass. They are funny and interesting, and as previously stated, the 3 hours will fly by.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.