Alice in Chains Music Bank DVD

You'veGotRedOnYouYou'veGotRedOnYou Posts: 133
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Man oh man, this dvd kicks ass. I love all the home video sements in between songs. Favorite part: where it shows the "Alice in Chains with Mookie Blaylock" sign then shows Jerry Cantrell singing with Eddie Vedder. Amazing and I can only imagine what they were playing. Great stuff.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    word.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Yeah, its great. Does anyone know what the future holds for Alice In Chains? Are they doing an album with DuVall or what?
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    edved82 wrote:
    Yeah, its great. Does anyone know what the future holds for Alice In Chains? Are they doing an album with DuVall or what?

so far all I've heard is that they basically want to erase their past unfortunately. I.E. meaning that they want to change their name, play different music (not grunge) and forget about AIC. just what i heard. Oh, and 80% sure they're co-headlining Ozzfest with Ozzy.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    for me the new AIC is like seeing the Doors w/out Morrison. who cares? that's what i think. the guy can sing and sing well but i'm just not intrested. if it's true that they're changing their name and sound and becoming another band all together i'm all for it but as of right now, as AIC, i do not care.
  • I like Duvall, but I didn't really care for him singing with AIC when I saw them on tour. When he tried to do "Nutshell", I walked out.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • larslars Posts: 524
    When he tried to do "Nutshell", I walked out.
    Now that was stupid
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • edved82 wrote:

when they started playing shows last year, they indicated that they were looking for a singer to start a new band with. they didn't plan on making another alice in chains album.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1524813/02232006/alice_in_chains.jhtml
    "If we found some other dude, I'd love to move on," Kinney said, "write some cool tunes and change the name and go on like that. I don't see continuing as Alice and replacing somebody. ... We're not trying to replace Layne. We want to play these songs one more time, and if it seems like the right thing to do, it'll happen.
  • for me the new AIC is like seeing the Doors w/out Morrison. who cares? that's what i think. the guy can sing and sing well but i'm just not intrested. if it's true that they're changing their name and sound and becoming another band all together i'm all for it but as of right now, as AIC, i do not care.

Saw them last year and I must say it was extremely awesome. I was happy to see those songs live, even without Layne (it of course would be better with Layne, but that's kinda impossible). I will follow them in any music decisions they make because they haven't done me wrong yet. Oh, and I would see the Doors without Morrison. And Blind Melon with Hoon. And Pink Floyd without Waters. And AC/DC without Bon Scott (I have and we all know how Brian Johnson turned out.) Point is, be happy with what you can get. If you like the music enough you will be able to have to good time with it.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    I like Duvall, but I didn't really care for him singing with AIC when I saw them on tour. When he tried to do "Nutshell", I walked out.

Did you see the same band I did? Because when I saw them they were rocking with Duvall.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • larslars Posts: 524
    rizzdaddy wrote:
    Did you see the same band I did? Because when I saw them they were rocking with Duvall.
    I agree...I heard AIC live with duval and he gave himself 100%....he´s got the voice and the character of a frontman. One thing he doesn´t have compared to staley is his sadness and suicidal tendencies...you can´t blame him for that
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    lars wrote:
    Now that was stupid

Verrrry....
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16