Public Enemy appreciation thread....

PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Thinkin' they might be the best rap band ever. I've got a mini home marathon going on and they just floor me. Thoughts on PE?
"Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
  • MerkingBoyMerkingBoy Posts: 249
    Word homey!
    Classic shit here!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi0TaHMOLfU
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    FLAYVA FLAAAAAAAAYVE!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Their music, I feel, is a tad overrated. Their importance and influence on the other hand is not.

It Takes A Nation... is too long and inconsistent to be one of my real favourites.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,973
    I love PE. Chuck D brought an intelligence to their raps which I find missing in most artists of this genre.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Their music, I feel, is a tad overrated. Their importance and influence on the other hand is not.

It Takes A Nation... is too long and inconsistent to be one of my real favourites.

"Fear Of A Black Planet" is the greatest hip hop album ever recorded.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    TURN IT UP.......BRING THA NOISE!!! (love that song) :)
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    BinFrog wrote:
    "Fear Of A Black Planet" is the greatest hip hop album ever recorded.
    I'd take Illmatic, 36 Chambers or The Infamous Mobb Deep over it any day. Still a brilliant album.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ''Bass.....how low can you go?"
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.