DBT, "Brighter Than Creation's Dark" NEW thread

ISUalISUal Posts: 40
edited December 2007 in Other Music
The other thread about this album was getting too big. Anywho, I can't quit listening to the 3 new songs up on their Myspace now. "A Ghost to Most" is possibly in my top 10 DBT songs of all time, and they are at least my 2nd favorite band, maybe my favorite (sorry PJ). Looks to be an amazing album, easily my most anticipated of 08. Little bummed out about their tour dates though, as the only show I'm close to (Omaha) is the seem as week as the two Foo (whom I've never seen) shows (Minneapolis and Omaha) that I'm considering going to. It's going to be a hard decision. I know whichever show I pick, its going to kick some total ass, which means the same for the show I won't go to. Oh well.
"I know I was born, and I know that I'll die, but in between is mine..." Ed
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ISUal wrote:
    The other thread about this album was getting too big. Anywho, I can't quit listening to the 3 new songs up on their Myspace now. "A Ghost to Most" is possibly in my top 10 DBT songs of all time, and they are at least my 2nd favorite band, maybe my favorite (sorry PJ). Looks to be an amazing album, easily my most anticipated of 08. Little bummed out about their tour dates though, as the only show I'm close to (Omaha) is the seem as week as the two Foo (whom I've never seen) shows (Minneapolis and Omaha) that I'm considering going to. It's going to be a hard decision. I know whichever show I pick, its going to kick some total ass, which means the same for the show I won't go to. Oh well.
    Do the Foos change their set-list every night?? If not, why see two shows by them. :confused:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • spnoonespnoone Posts: 626
    i've been a fan for less than a year, still it feels like... FINALLY! i haven't been this excited to see a band for the first time since pearl jam in 91. i just wish the northeast dates were more road trip friendly. i'll only be able to make 3 shows tops. i'm shooting for millvale, northampton and boston. toronto and montreal are out, cause they involve border crossings. and philly's out cause they're playing tla, where i'm non grata. still, it's 3 more than i was expecting. now i just need march to hurry the fuck up and get here.

Mon Feb 11 - Anaheim CA - HOUSE OF BLUES w/North Mississippi Allstars, The Felice Brothers
    Tue Feb 12 - Los Angeles - CA - AVALON w/North Mississippi Allstars, The Felice Brothers
    Wed Feb 13 - San Francisco CA - MEZZANINE w/ The Felice Brothers
    Fri Feb 15 - Portland OR - ROSELAND - w/ The Felice Brothers
    Sat Feb 16 - Seattle WA - SHOWBOX w/ The Felice Brothers
    Sun Feb 17 - Seattle WA - SHOWBOX - w/ The Felice Brothers
    Tue Feb 19 - Boise ID - BIG EASY CONCERT HOUSE - w/ The Felice Brothers
    Wed Feb 20 - Salt Lake City UT - THE PALADIUM w/ The Felice Brothers
    Thu Feb 21 - Aspen CO - BELLY UP w/ The Felice Brothers
    Fri Feb 22 - Denver CO - OGDEN THEATRE w/ The Felice Brothers
    Sat Feb 23 - Boulder CO - FOX THEATRE w/ The Felice Brothers
    Mon Feb 25 - Omaha NE - SLOWDOWN w/ The Felice Brothers
    Tue Feb 26 - Columbia MO - BLUE NOTE w/ The Felice Brothers
    Wed Feb 27 - Urbana IL - CANOPY CLUB w/ The Felice Brothers
    Thu Feb 28 - Milwaukee WI - PABST THEATRE w/ The Felice Brothers
    Fri Feb 29 - St. Louis MO - PAGEANT w/ The Felice Brothers
    Sat Mar 01 - Louisville KY - HEADLINERS MUSIC HALL w/ The Felice Brothers
    Fri Mar 14 - Memphis TN - MINGLEWOOD HALL
    Sat Mar 15 - Nashville TN - CANNERY BALLROOM
    Sun Mar 16 - Newport - KY - SOUTHGATE HOUSE
    Tue Mar 18 - Millvale PA - MR SMALLS THEATRE
    Wed Mar 19 - Toronto ONT - OPERA HOUSE
    Thu Mar 20 - Montreal QUE - CABARET MUSIC HALL
    Fri Mar 21 - Northampton MA - PEARL STREET
    Sat Mar 22 - Boston MA - PARADISE ROCK CLUB
    Tue Mar 25 - New Haven CT - TOADS PLACE
    Wed Mar 26 - New York NY - TERMINAL 5
    Thu Mar 27 - Philadelphia PA - THE FILLMORE @ THE TLA
    Fri Mar 28 - Richmond VA - THE NATIONAL
    Sat Mar 29 - Asheville NC - ORANGE PEEL

edit: if i swear on my life to still buy it when it comes out, will someone please post or pm me a link to the leak in mp3? (i can't figure out torrents and/or flac, i've tried, it just ain't happening). i've checked 30 blogs and can't find it anywhere. please and thanks and such.

2nd edit: Presale Tickets for the First Two Legs of the Drive-By Truckers 2008 Home Front Tour will go onsale on Monday December 17th, 2007 at Noon Eastern.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Sweet, finally coming back to Toronto. Only shitty thing is it's on a Wednesday.
  • hitting up Columbia for my first DBT show, first one should have been at Cains Ballroom but fucking total my car a week before ;(
  • Supposedly it is out there now, but I'm not a member/can't get an invite to libble.com . Hopefully someone will make it more accessible soon!
  • what would be a better show, Omaha or Columbia? both are about 4.5 hrs away and just curious if anyone has been to either venue or anything. thanks