Comments

• sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    the album is on e-mule!!!
    i love rock chicks
  • currently listening to it at this very moment I'm on track 4 I'll come back with a full review
  • best album so far this year
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • alright I'll throw a couple words at you to describe it. They are as follows, heavy, loud drumming, better riffs, alot of rambling, and blusesy. With that being said, I want to start off by saying that this is probablly has to be the second or third best stripes album. I absolutely hate "You don't know what love is" but on the other hand I really really enjoy "Little Cream Soda" "Bone Broke" "Rag and Bone" "Conquest 1" "Catch Hell Blues" and "I'm slowly Turning into you" which all really stood out. If you think that" Icky Thump" will be the loudest song on the album because its the single wait untill you hear "Little Cream Soda". Additionally "300 MPH Torrential Outpoor Blues" is like "The Air Near My Fingers" from Elephant on steroids. 8.5/10

PS ST ANDREW is a throw away
  • poorgirl23poorgirl23 Posts: 194
    Is this still the crappy radio rip? God, I can't wait for this album.
    Common sense is not so common.
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    any help would be appreciated!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
    it is on e-mule
    just download the program
    and then download icky thump
    i love rock chicks
    sasoj wrote:
    it is on e-mule
    just download the program
    and then download icky thump

but how's the quality? Is it cd?
  • I've heard three songs so far...I.T., Effect and Cause and you don't know what love is. Love Icky thump and you don't know what love is...kinda unsure about effect and cause. That's all i'm listening too till the record comes out though.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Btw, effect and cause and you don't know what love is seem to be there most country sounding songs they've done yet. How's the rest compared to those two?
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

poorgirl23 wrote:
    but how's the quality? Is it cd?

radio rip from Q101
    they played it yesterday and pissed jack white who then called them from spain and ...
    well he wasnt a happy camper :)
    i love rock chicks
    Thanks, I listened to a bit of that. I'm excited to hear the clean version.

And with that admission, at the risk of sounding hypocritical, I have to side with Jack. That radio station did not have permission to play the record. I wouldn't be too happy if a shit quality radio rip was the first listen of my record for thousands of people. And knowing what the guy's like from countless interviews, I doubt it has fuckall to do with record sales... it's about respect for the artist, and how he wants his art to be presented.

And yes I'll admit it again.. I listened to it once. Sorry Jack! I just couldn't wait any longer!
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    Q101 out in chicago played the whole album a couple days ago. I only heard the first few tracks but i'm not a big white stripes fan, but the album sounds really fucking cool. I'll probably pick it up.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    poorgirl23 wrote:
    Thanks, I listened to a bit of that. I'm excited to hear the clean version.

And with that admission, at the risk of sounding hypocritical, I have to side with Jack. That radio station did not have permission to play the record. I wouldn't be too happy if a shit quality radio rip was the first listen of my record for thousands of people. And knowing what the guy's like from countless interviews, I doubt it has fuckall to do with record sales... it's about respect for the artist, and how he wants his art to be presented.

And yes I'll admit it again.. I listened to it once. Sorry Jack! I just couldn't wait any longer!

I agree, I think he is a geuine artist. He doesnt care about album sales. Shit all their records up to this one were recorded on analog tabe machines in his attic up untill this one! I am not going to listen to any of it because I want to hear the whole thing when I buy it. and I dont want to listen to anything tha isnt CD quality. The radio station did it with good intentions but I think that it was the wrong thing to do. That being said I am sooooo fucking STOKED for this record!!!!!!!!!
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • pearlzepfanpearlzepfan Posts: 456
    anyone wanna post a link or pm me with one. It'd be much appreciated. Thanks a lot
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • Jammin2PearlJammin2Pearl Posts: 266
    if anyone can clean it up a little and somehow make it a little better sound wise that would be amazing! i dont know how to fuck around with it to improve the quality...?
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    "Icky Thump" has been touted as a prelude to an album that gets back to a White Stripe-esque mad guitar-driven product. Yes.

"Catch Hell Blues" is just dynamite...as if the blues truly have caught hell. What he's doing with that guitar 1:30 minutes into the song is a little mind altering.

Quite the sonic assault, this album (" Little Cream Soda", "Rag And Bones", "Conquest"...Ole!), along with some stunning moments of bombastic subtlety ("300 MPH Torrential Outpoor Blues").

And I'm not really sure what to say about "Prickly Thorn But Sweetly Worn" except that I feel the urge to wear a kilt.

This album's gonna fly off the shelves.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    I AM WILLING TO PROVIDE HIGH-QUALITY ORAL GRATIFICATION FOR ANY HIGH-QUALITY ICKY THUMP LEAK, THANK YOU.

If you PM me a low-quality radio rip I'll tickle your balls but no mouth.

Hopefully no one sigs this, thereby humiliating me for eternity.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    I AM WILLING TO PROVIDE HIGH-QUALITY ORAL GRATIFICATION FOR ANY HIGH-QUALITY ICKY THUMP LEAK, THANK YOU.

thank u for this
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Alex_Coe wrote:

thank u for this

And this is what Saturday nights are all about.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240
    Radio rip or not, this album is outstanding. Proves that GBMS was just a minor bump on the road to rock and roll greatness for Jack and Meg.
    "Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
  • Ebizzie wrote:
    Radio rip or not, this album is outstanding. Proves that GBMS was just a minor bump on the road to rock and roll greatness for Jack and Meg.

You're a bump in the road........

"She fell funny"

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Ebizzie wrote:

What? You seriously disliked that album? Man I always thought it was pretty damn good...
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
    Ebizzie wrote:

I love GBMS. My Doorbell, Forever For Her, Denial Twist, Instinct Blues, Blue Orchid, Take Take Take, Ugly As I Seem... These are all among my favorite WS songs.
  • EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240
    LedZepFan wrote:
    What? You seriously disliked that album? Man I always thought it was pretty damn good...

It's alright, but not on par with the rest of their albums, imo. I didn't feel that it highlighted Jack's guitar work enough, which is the main reason I love the Stripes. Their covers of son house and their heavy blues influences weren't nearly as evident on GBMS as previous albums which, to me, is something I look forward to.
    "Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Ebizzie wrote:
    It's alright, but not on par with the rest of their albums, imo. I didn't feel that it highlighted Jack's guitar work enough, which is the main reason I love the Stripes. Their covers of son house and their heavy blues influences weren't nearly as evident on GBMS as previous albums which, to me, is something I look forward to.

Well those are good reasons. It's nice to see people be able to legitimately discuss their claims haha...In real life, I deal with people who can NOT do that.

See, I like the rougher Stripes stuff but I loved the new textures and experiments in GBMS. That being said, as far as the crazier, harder Stripes stuff goes "Icky Thump" is awesome and I'm pysched to hear the whole album.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I enjoyed GBMS to a point. That being said, I didn't think it was on par with their other work. I also prefer the harder, rawer songs that highlight Jack's bluesy guitar stylings. I like what I'm hearing from "Icky Thump". I just hope the album is on par with that song. If so, it'll become a staple in my rotation like the other White Stripes albums aside from GBMS.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    thank u for this

Don't you know how to make quote tags in your sig?
  • Apparently this is on Oink now. Anyone have it?....and willing to share?
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    when is the non radio rip actual cd mix going to leak?

I am not wasting my time with a radio rip.

Its funny Jack was so pissed that the radio played the record, its not like the leak is actually all that great quality wise.

It would be like Matt Cord playing the new PJ record before it was released, and some people taping it, and leaking it via Torrent. Not good quality wise