anybody going to orange peel to see the pumpkins?

2»

Comments

• superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119
    Ali baba wrote:
    on netphoria people lie
    ...alot

The venue doesnt allow tri-pods. Check the Orange Peel site about recording devices.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    btw I also have tickets to the last show Thursday after next. Anyone else? (and in that case, anyone got a spare?)
    My buddy and i have tickets to that show. Sorry don't have a spare :(

I am excited for the show. What time did you get in line to go inside?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • bird jam wrote:
    I would really recommend that you wander around downtown and find some good places to eat. Mellow Mushroom is good pizza, but it's a chain - you can find at least one in just about any decent-sized southern city. Try some of the downtown Asheville restaurants that you can only visit here and leave the chains for home. There are a lot of great restaurants in Asheville. Try Zambra or Tupelo Honey. The crab burger at May-Fare is really good too.
    You've got to at least go inside the Mellow Mushroom there though. It's the best decorated in the world.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • intodeep wrote:
    My buddy and i have tickets to that show. Sorry don't have a spare :(

I am excited for the show. What time did you get in line to go inside?
    I got in line about 5:30 and got a great spot, but at the next one I'm gonna get there WAY early and sit out front of the door with the freaks :D

I might even dress up.. I'm going with a goth friend of mine who knows how to do it right.. That's why I need a ticket! If he can't get in his mission is to find drugs in Asheville :p

So yeah.. We'll probably be sitting there about 3 ish. But to get a decent spot in line I'd be there before 6 or 6:30 at the latest. About that time there was a big boom in the line. If you find yourself in the little 'pit' down the 'driveway' next to the Orange Peel (where they'll be selling food, water, and beer) you're in good shape.

"Make our day"

• Ava adore/TAFH/Window paine we're all in the soundcheck tho.
    I was there, early, and I'm telling you if there was a soundcheck at all it didn't happen 15 minutes from the normal set. I would've at least heard it.

"Make our day"
  • superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119
    This should make some of you old time fans happy..

Eyewitness on netphoria:
    So, my friends (vitaldust and kitkat21) and i drove down to Asheville this morning. As soon as we got here, we decided to take a walk down to the Peel and check it out a little. We peeked inside and saw lots of movement. The Pumpkins were inside rehearsing. And they played some awesome fucking stuff

Bury Me
    Cherry
    Crush
    Frail and Bedazzled
    Fuck You
    Heavy Metal Machine
    In My Body

and they were messing around with the arrangement for Rocket.

It sounded SO great. We hung around a little and got to talk to Billy, Jimmy and Ginger. Not al that long, but they were really cool about it and seemed to be enjoying Asheville so far.
    I haven't had a chance to read the other threads, so if they rehearsed any of this other stuff before, it's all new to me! Billy didn't confirm or deny that they would play any of them at the upcoming shows.
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I'm gonna be there tomorrow night. Cannot wait. I haven't been his excited about a concert that wasn't PJ in the past 10 years. Well....except maybe Dylan.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I got in line about 5:30 and got a great spot, but at the next one I'm gonna get there WAY early and sit out front of the door with the freaks :D

I might even dress up.. I'm going with a goth friend of mine who knows how to do it right.. That's why I need a ticket! If he can't get in his mission is to find drugs in Asheville :p

So yeah.. We'll probably be sitting there about 3 ish. But to get a decent spot in line I'd be there before 6 or 6:30 at the latest. About that time there was a big boom in the line. If you find yourself in the little 'pit' down the 'driveway' next to the Orange Peel (where they'll be selling food, water, and beer) you're in good shape.

Nice thanks for the info.

Oh and for the record Mellow mushroom has great pizza even though it is a chain and a good beer selection. Down the street there is another pizza joint that is good called Barleys (or maybe its Barley's Taproom) and that place is a lot of fun.

I second the recomendation of Tupelo Honey. I always get breakfast there on my way out of town.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    The Asheville McDonalds has pretty good fries.
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.