proof that corgan is not in it just for the bucks

sasojsasoj Posts: 239
edited June 2007 in Other Music
as you all know thanks to pitchfork the whole world
is under impression that corgan is money hungry ...
but last night at the orange peel he did this:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/cabbage/videos/36/

it is a new song called i dont mind and it is beautiful....
so he doesnt sit in his van and count his dollars, cause this song
was well written on the same day as the show was taking place!!!!!!!!
i love rock chicks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    He wrote a song for a concert that cost people money? How's he not selling the song? Plus, what makes it even lamer is he makes a song about not caring, yet he cares because he wrote the song?
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    He wrote a song for a concert that cost people money? How's he not selling the song? Plus, what makes it even lamer is he makes a song about not caring, yet he cares because he wrote the song?

no my beautiful freind... the song is called i dont mind and not i dont care
    and the point is that pitchfork is insulting him about greed and well but forgets that the guy is realy trying ...
    evry show he writes a new song!
    cmon....that is just impresive
    i love rock chicks
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Still, not minding the issue would mean that it doesn't affect him at all, yet you can see that it is affecting him... he wrote a song about it, which definitely is going out of his way. It's not that impressive... I bet most of those songs are garbage anyway.. haha. But seriously, Billy's just got a big ego, so yeah.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    somehow i seriously doubt 'the world' cares whether billy corgan is 'a sellout' or not, especially if pitchfork says so. i invite you to take off the pumpkin shades tho and think about why he got his band (or part of it) back together. not saying it's the ONLY reason, but a BIG reason was to make some $. no shame in it and you shouldn't really defend him for it against rags like the 'fork. with how popular and successful he's been, of course they're going to give him negative press. just the way that shit goes i guess.
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    cc10106 wrote:
    somehow i seriously doubt 'the world' cares whether billy corgan is 'a sellout' or not, especially if pitchfork says so. i invite you to take off the pumpkin shades tho and think about why he got his band (or part of it) back together. not saying it's the ONLY reason, but a BIG reason was to make some $. no shame in it and you shouldn't really defend him for it against rags like the 'fork. with how popular and successful he's been, of course they're going to give him negative press. just the way that shit goes i guess.

well of course he wants to make money, but who doesnt?
    but it is not all because of that
    i love rock chicks
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    sasoj wrote:
    as you all know thanks to pitchfork the whole world
    is under impression that corgan is money hungry ...

No the whole world doesn't think that, no one really cares what pitchfork had to say about Billy except a few Pumpkins fans who are foolishly overreacting to an online article.