"The Cool"

dcne200dcne200 Posts: 45
edited December 2007 in Other Music
New album by Lupe Fiasco just came out and it is very good. I heard Lupe for the first time when he performed at Lollapalooza and think he is one of the best rappers out there right now. Songs like "intruder alert" and "little weapon" which discuss social issues such as drug addiction and immigration are amongst my favorites. Every song is good, but the lyrical content on these two stand out to me. we just witnessed a terrible tragedy in omaha and the first time I heard the intro verse to "little weapon" it brought a tear to my eye. Anyways, I just wanted to let people know, if you are looking for a good rap album, THE COOL is one of the best in quite some time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just bought it today, haven't listened to it yet though as I also bought the new Little Brother, Wu-Tang, Ghostface, and Band of Horses as well.
    NERDS!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i'm waffling on it, though i did like his first album.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,265
    where is speedy i'm sure his review will be a classic ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Personally, I thought Food & Liquor was better. Nevertheless, Lupe >>>>>> most other rappers that have come out this decade.
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Just bought it today, haven't listened to it yet though as I also bought the new Little Brother, Wu-Tang, Ghostface, and Band of Horses as well.

You've got the best taste in music on this forum... by a long-shot. Bonus points for that Stakes Is High quotable!
  • I got it when it came out, I'd have to agree that as of right now I like Food and Liquor more, but it usually takes me a few listens to form my final opinion on an album, so that could change. Definitley a very good album, and Lupe showed his ability to tell stories and construct rhymes with a completely unique style. I'm just worried about the reference to him quitting after his third album l.u.p.end. Any thoughts on whether he'll actually quit after 3?
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."