Mark Lanegan-Whiskey For The Holy Ghost

Coathanger HalosCoathanger Halos Posts: 137
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Upon reccommendation from a friend of mine, I decided to check this album out. I figured, 'Hey, I love the Screaming Trees. Lanegan's solo shit can't be too bad.'

Little did I know that this is one of the best albums EVER recorded. It baffles me that such an amazing album could be almost completely overlooked.

If you have never heard this album, it would be wise for you to download it...PRONTO.
I'll cut you in.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Almost all of Lanegan's stuff is incredible. He is one of the most underrated and underappreciated artists of our time.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • field songs is my fave
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Whiskey is a classic. "Scraps at Midnight" is my personal fav & "Bubblegum" is just killer.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Love this album.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    Edit: nevermind

Anyways, Mark Lanagan rocks...immensly.
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i've been looking to buy this album for quite some time now. i've only heard great things about his solo stuff, and keeping in mind what he contributed to songs for the deaf i can't wait to get my hands on whiskey for the holy ghost
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    All his solo stuff is great, but Whiskey For The Holy Ghost, Here Comes That Weird Chill EP and Bubblegum are brilliant.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    yeah Whiskey..... is a classic. has a real rootsy feel to it. Try the Winding Sheet or I'll Take Care Of You(covers album) which you'll also probably love.
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Big fan of Screeming Trees, but I've not got any of MArk Lanegan's solo stuff.
    Where should I start?
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
    In my opinion his solo stuff is better then his records with the Screaming Trees. I think you will like it all. Begin with 'The Winding Sheet' and 'Whiskey For The Holy Ghost' if you like it, then you can take all. 'Bubblegum is my favorite.
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Will do. Already ordered The Winding Sheet on your advice.

Thanks.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
    Well done, it wont dissappoint you. Don't forget to listen to 'Whiskey for the Holy Ghost'.