Alanis Morissette

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I just got a ticket to one of her shows in the UK in June and wondered if there's any other fans on here? :)
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    I didn't mind her when she first started but that second album was dire.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • I didn't mind her when she first started but that second album was dire.

Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie? how so?

(and surely by second i'm assuming you mean fourth album :p)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie? how so?

(and surely by second i'm assuming you mean fourth album :p)

Just didn't like it, not a patch on her other stuff.

And by second I mean second to be released over in these parts, little miss clever cloggs :P
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• Just didn't like it, not a patch on her other stuff.

And by second I mean second to be released over in these parts, little miss clever cloggs :P

hehe! ;)

yeah, Jagged Little Pill certainly was an album that was difficult to follow up... it was simply awesome. However, I loved SFIJ as it was alot darker but some people didn't like that. Have you heard anything since that album?

hehe! ;)

yeah, Jagged Little Pill certainly was an album that was difficult to follow up... it was simply awesome. However, I loved SFIJ as it was alot darker but some people didn't like that. Have you heard anything since that album?

No, I've not heard anything from her in ages, didn't realise she was still going.

• No, I've not heard anything from her in ages, didn't realise she was still going.

*over excited nod*

yeps! touring this year and releasing a new album on 2nd June :D

*over excited nod*

yeps! touring this year and releasing a new album on 2nd June :D

At least one person is happy about it then :o

• DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    My wife likes her so I hear a fair amount of her stuff. It seems like she gets more generic over time. There was nothing on the last album that I hadn't heard before from her. But SFIJ and Under Rug Swept were still decent. I have no idea if she's any good live.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Saw here twice and wouldn´t mind seeing some more of her shows. Hopefuly the new record will be released soon. Now you made me curious. Have to check her tour announcements. Thanks.
  • Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie was my favourite album.. yeah she's cool. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I'm another one who only has the first album, that song Thank You from the second one really put me off! But yeah Jagged Little Pill has some really good stuff on it, and brings back a lot of memories. I love the song You Learn.
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    my wife is really into her. We saw her live on here Acoustic tour back in 2005 it was the 10 year Jagged Little Pill thing. Not bad live.....saw her in Nashville at the Ryman though.....any show's better at the Ryman.
    "It's all happening"
  • I thought she was great live. I'm not a fan, I just went along with a friend but I can't say she wasn't good. She made some short movies inbetween every other song, changed costume a few times and was full of energy.
    She was at her peak the time I went so it was full of teenyboppers but I expect it'll be a different crowd now. :)

I'm just annoyed Taylor Hawkins wasn't in the band at that time. :(
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I just got a ticket to one of her shows in the UK in June and wondered if there's any other fans on here? :)

I saw her back in 96 with my gf at the time and she was pretty good. If you like her music you will enjoy the show.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22