UK Pink Floyd Fans...

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Ever heard of the Australian Pink Floyd show?

Well, I went to see them last night and OH. MY. GOD. They were absolutely amazing!

I have to say, I went in with a sceptical head on my shoulders.. a kind of "woo.. a tribute band, excuse me while I *yawn* don't get excited...:rolleyes:" as I'd been given my ticket - the cousin of friend dropped out at last min and friend knew my love for Floyd - tbh, I was being polite by accepting the ticket but damn! I'm soooooo glad I went! :D

The tour was centred around 'The Wall' (my favourite album and I know every word so you can imagine how scrutinizing I was...). They opened with the first two songs from album, In The Flesh? and The Thin Ice... I sat with my jaw on the floor, it was note perfect. As the show went on I was more and more amazed at their sound and stage show... it was like seeing Floyd (or what i'd imagine it to be like... I'm too young to have seen them :() on a smaller scale. They had a laser show, an inflatable pig (yes, an inflatable pig) and huge video screens. The backing singers were astounding and the band themselves were extremely talented. The set list was great... OF COURSE they played Another Brick in The Wall (parts 1 and 2!) but they also played great songs such as Hey You, Goodbye Blue Sky, Mother, Empty Spaces straight into Young Lust (one of my favourites! :D) and Money. They ended on Wish you Were Here (damn that was emotional), Comfortably Numb and Run Like Hell.

There must have been 2,500 - 3,000 people there and every seat was filled. I found out the tickets were £27.50 each but my god would I pay that (and probably a little more) to see them again.

They're currently touring the UK and there's loads of dates yet to be played. I recommend anyone to go and see them, definately worth the time and money :D

Tour dates are on their website: http://www.aussiefloyd.com
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Dammit, they played near me this monday just gone :( Sounds awesome, I'll have to keep a look out for them in the future.