Down Tour

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Dates just been released for UK tour of "Over The Under" and currently touring the US...

anyone going?!
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    nope
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    No UK or Ireland dates listed on their website
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Binaural wrote:
    No UK or Ireland dates listed on their website

Please... don't doubt me :cool:

:p

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/777401
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

Cheers dude.
    Caught them last time they were here and it was fucking mental :)

Dublin 08/06
  • Binaural wrote:
    Cheers dude.
    Caught them last time they were here and it was fucking mental :)

Yeah, I saw them at 3 dates last time... Hoping to do all of em this time! Noticed you're from Belfast, hope they annouce a date there too, went there a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Would be ace to go back and see such an awesome band!

Yeah, I saw them at 3 dates last time... Hoping to do all of em this time! Noticed you're from Belfast, hope they annouce a date there too, went there a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Would be ace to go back and see such an awesome band!
    Yeah they played in my uni last time they were here. Still I don't mind firing down to Dublin, I have an idea where they might be goin for a drink when they're here :D

Dublin 08/06
  • Binaural wrote:
    Yeah they played in my uni last time they were here. Still I don't mind firing down to Dublin, I have an idea where they might be goin for a drink when they're here :D

awesome, I'm def doing Belfast if they play there. Dublins depending on dollar but I might see you there!

I met up with Kirk when they toured last time and got on the guest list when Crowbar toured before, nice guy :D

My friend met up with them all, bar Phil, in Nottingham during the 06 tour, her sister knows them and now she's my housemate :cool:

jammy ain't I? ;)

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i'm actually really excited that Down is a full-time band now, and that they are about to finish the Down III tour cycle and hopefully start on a new record.

i eventually did get "Invest In Fear". great song.
    Guitar Hero needs to introduce 3 Sun's 1 Star as a downloadable track :D

Dublin 08/06
  • i'm actually really excited that Down is a full-time band now, and that they are about to finish the Down III tour cycle and hopefully start on a new record.

i eventually did get "Invest In Fear". great song.

yeah, it is great that they're full time, just hope Crowbar, COC etc don't suffer as a result.

'Invest in Fear'... nice :cool:

• Binaural wrote:
    Guitar Hero needs to introduce 3 Sun's 1 Star as a downloadable track :D

hmm... I'd prefer 'New Orleans is a Dying Whore' myself... but it's not exactly child friendly title! lol

hmm... I'd prefer 'New Orleans is a Dying Whore' myself... but it's not exactly child friendly title! lol

Bah, away with your profane suggestions :D

Dublin 08/06
  • Binaural wrote:
    Bah, away with your profane suggestions :D

me?! never! *looks innocent*

ok, ok, top 5 Down songs.... go!

me?! never! *looks innocent*

ok, ok, top 5 Down songs.... go!
    Not in order, but at the minute I'll go for:
    Stone The Crow
    Lifer
    3 Sun's One Star
    Temptation's Wings
    Beneath The Tides

They might change but those five I haven't got sick of ever so I'm stickin with them. What about you?

Dublin 08/06
  • Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    Yep, I'm going to the Manchester date, a day after my 30th birthday. They were excellent last time round in 2006, I wonder if it'll be another evening with?

Top 5:

1. Lifer
    2. Eyes of the South
    3. Bury Me in Smoke
    4. Lysergik Funeral Procession
    5. 3 Suns 1 Star
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Yep, I'm going to the Manchester date, a day after my 30th birthday. They were excellent last time round in 2006, I wonder if it'll be another evening with?

Top 5:

1. Lifer
    2. Eyes of the South
    3. Bury Me in Smoke
    4. Lysergik Funeral Procession
    5. 3 Suns 1 Star

Yeah it's another evening with, according to the site there will be a short video introduction followed by an evening with Down that will last "around two hours". :)

Dublin 08/06
  • Binaural wrote:
    Yeah it's another evening with, according to the site there will be a short video introduction followed by an evening with Down that will last "around two hours". :)

yeah, I saw that :)

My Top 5:

* Stained Glass Cross
    * Bury Me in Smoke
    * Dog Tired
    * Stone The Crow
    * Nothing In Return (Walk Away)

• Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    excellent. :D

although Clutch would've been a great support act should they have been available.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Bury Me In Smoke
    Pillamyd
    Lifer
    Dog Tired (love this one)
    Where I'm Going

i saw them on the second show of the Down II tour (before Ozzfest).. that'd be, what? their 12th or 13th show ever?
  • got ticket for brixton,same day that the missus is doing the london marathon,wish her luck!
    no order-
    nothing in return
    stone the crows
    rehab
    bury me in smoke
    lifer