Anyone here....

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited March 2008 in Other Music
post on other bands message boards as much as this?

I'm also a poster on the Down boards, have been since Aug 2005 but only have 382 posts where as on here i'm on over 1,500 since Feb last year... Hmm... :confused:
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm not on any other message boards at all, let alone band ones. I've had a look around but nothing else seems as fun; way too much politics and fans taking themselves way too seriously. This place is very welcoming.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • post on other bands message boards as much as this?

I'm also a poster on the Down boards, have been since Aug 2005 but only have 382 posts where as on here i'm on over 1,500 since Feb last year... Hmm... :confused:
    hi,i used to follow the down&c.o.c boards but kinda dont bother to much now,down&corrosion fans are mostly cool tho arent they?!!!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i joined the wintersleep board....but nothing goes on over there...its so static, it never changes ......theres always something going on here!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    i joined the wintersleep board....but nothing goes on over there...its so static, it never changes ......theres always something going on here!

lol! yep... i try my best to post on the Wintersleep board... but i feel like i'm talking to myself.... or to you! ;) but i can do that here... :p

i also have 1 post on the Kevin Smith forum, and 1 post on Echoingthesound (i think?)... those places are weird though.

i like it here.
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Not me. I already spend waaaaaaaay too much time here so I would be completely overboard to get addicted to another place!!!!!!!!!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • hi,i used to follow the down&c.o.c boards but kinda dont bother to much now,down&corrosion fans are mostly cool tho arent they?!!!

They're ok, they can be a bit childish though, quite judgemental... thats not to say they're all like that, not at all, but I have come across it.

I have over 2,000 posts on Red Mosquito too, although I find here much more welcoming and friendly.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i'm also on the http://www.greenplastic.com/ board.
    good place to catch up on new/existing bands, but does not compete with this board imo.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I used to be a big poster on the Biffy Clyro forums a few years ago, back when I had a job which allowed me to just use the internet all day and do very little work. It used to be a really cool board and there was a whole bunch of us who would just post from work all day, every day.

Sadly, it moved on and so did most of the people on there. I haven't even looked at it in well over a year.

These days the only board I look at it this one :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018