Anyone listen to Blues Traveller?

tobbactobbac Posts: 234
edited May 2007 in Other Music
i havent listened to them since Straight On Till Morning....so im curious if John's weightloss affected his singing or harmonica playing? im not sure if it even would but i was thinkin his voice or something mightve changed slightly since his body wasnt as physically strained....
You ain't-never seen no one like me
Prevail-regardless what the cost might be
Power-flows inside of me, you can't bring me
Never-fall as long as I try
Refuse-to be a part of your lie
Even-if it means I die, you can't bring me
You...can't...bring...me...down!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    i havent listened to them since Straight On Till Morning....so im curious if John's weightloss affected his singing or harmonica playing? im not sure if it even would but i was thinkin his voice or something mightve changed slightly since his body wasnt as physically strained....

Last Album of theirs that I picked up was Bridge, and it was OK, but I htink they lost something when Sheehan died. Saw them live for the Bridge tour, and it was horrible, probably the worst show I have been to in my life. John's voice and harmonica were awesome, as usual, and this was after the weight loss. However, the person running the board could not figure out how to turn up the volume on the guitar and bass. I was in the 3rd or 4th row, so I could see the guitarist wailing on these awesome looking solos, but there was no sound. Nothing. John went over to the guy multiple times, and I could see him yelling and pointing his finger right in the sound guy's face. Man he looked furious. Plus there were state police covering the place, so extra "party favors" were out of the question. Wow, now I'm all upset again over this show. I still want my money back....
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I've seen them quite a few times, John Popper is ALWAYS amazing... I have been blown away by the entire band every time, they are great!
    I play harmonica and I know I get out of breath at times, I'm sure losing that much weight helps him!
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Saw them live once about 4 years ago, they were shit.........sounded like they were only suited for playing at bars. They actually played 3 encores though which is pretty cool. Last I heard John Popper was arrested for being pulled over with drugs and guns or something like that.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
    I listen to them when the come on the radio and sing along and all that but have never really listened to them. Know what i mean? Good summer tunes though.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • tobbactobbac Posts: 234
    i saw them in toronto many moons ago....they were amazing....i guess i should just find myself some new BT and see.....
    You ain't-never seen no one like me
    Prevail-regardless what the cost might be
    Power-flows inside of me, you can't bring me
    Never-fall as long as I try
    Refuse-to be a part of your lie
    Even-if it means I die, you can't bring me
    You...can't...bring...me...down!