Foo Fighters Live Earth Wembley

Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Fuckin' brilliant, put the rest to shame! Sweet 5 track set, actually got the crowd of their arses. Never thought I'd see em' on prime time saturday night TV on the BBC.

All My Life
My Hero
Times Like These
Best Of You
Everlong
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Fender_Man wrote:
    Fuckin' brilliant, put the rest to shame! Sweet 5 track set, actually got the crowd of their arses. Never thought I'd see em' on prime time saturday night TV on the BBC.

All My Life
    My Hero
    Times Like These
    Best Of You
    Everlong

Favorite group and performance I've seen so far today.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Does Dave Grohl normally struggle so much to sing? He seemed to scream the whole set rather than actually hit notes.
  • I agree - their energy put metallica to shame!!

Looking at the liveearth board the UK definitely got the best line up of the lot!!
    http://liveearth.msn.com/concerts/UnitedKingdom

(except for Smashing Pumpkins - I'd love for them to have been at Wembley - does anyone know when they are playing in the states?)
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• I agree - their energy put metallica to shame!!

Looking at the liveearth board the UK definitely got the best line up of the lot!!
    http://liveearth.msn.com/concerts/UnitedKingdom

(except for Smashing Pumpkins - I'd love for them to have been at Wembley - does anyone know when they are playing in the states?)

I only saw some of Metallica play with Spinal Tap and Spinal Tap booty shakers. I'll have to catch Metallica on the replay.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
    Does Dave Grohl normally struggle so much to sing? He seemed to scream the whole set rather than actually hit notes.

I think Dave Grohl would be the first to admit that he's not a great singer, but he makes up for it with his energy and enthusiasm. If that means a lot of screaming, that's fine with me. Don't think it detracts from the live performance, the way he sang the first part of Everlong proves he can hold a tune.

Loved the BBC's timing, cutting off Metallica during the opening bars of Enter Sandman. Doh!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Does Dave Grohl normally struggle so much to sing? He seemed to scream the whole set rather than actually hit notes.

it's rock and roll..........not opera......:)
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    I was very impressed by the Foos. The presenters harped on all day about bands like Kasabian having the crowd in the palm of their hands, which is a big pile of crap. If anything, the crowd looked bored for most acts.

But the Foos brought so much energy to their short set. The crowd responed well; i love to see great crowd participations like that.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Yeah ,Foos rocked tonight.
    Im suprised BBC didn't cut their set like they did with Spinal Tap and Metallica.

They cut after 2 songs to show us Rhianna or Crowded house Bullshit repeats instead of staying live.

Load of Cock!!

Chris Rock lasted about 1 min before they cut him off cos he said "muthafuckers"!!

At least the irish station (RTE2) didn't cut him off.

We are allowed say "MuthFUCKERS" ON AIR!!
    Ha ha
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • I was really surprised by them, in the best possible way... It just seemed so wrong to follow that great a show with Terence Stamp and Madonna...:(
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Favorite group and performance I've seen so far today.
    Totally true...it was awesome.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    I was really surprised by them, in the best possible way... It just seemed so wrong to follow that great a show with Terence Stamp and Madonna...:(
    I agree, the way they played it was like the final act. Getting the crowd waaaayyy more amped than everyone else. They said that they wanted their performance to be like Queen at live Aid.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    You never seen them live?
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Five songs or a full set.. same amazing energy! :D
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Fender_Man wrote:

All My Life
    My Hero
    Times Like These
    Best Of You
    Everlong

Even on TV it seemed that way. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    Dave screams "here we go" too many times.

ah well, much better than the pussycat dolls and black eyed peas who were undiluted Gnu piss
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • IamrebeccaIamrebecca Posts: 30
    Amazing performance, as usual.
    Got the crowd going. :)
    Becky
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Katowice, Poland - 13/06/07 -- Wembley, London - 18/06/07
    Dusseldorf, Germany - 21/06/07 -- Copenhagen, Denmark - 26/06/07
    Nijmegen, Holland - 28/06/07 -- Shepherds Bush, London - 11/08/09
    MEN, Manchester, England - 17/08/09 -- O2 London, London - 18/08/09
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Great show indeed! Wish i will see them live some day.