My Morning Jacket performing late night at Bonnaroo!

LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
edited March 2008 in Other Music
it was announced recently that my morning jacket and phil lesh and friends will be performing late night sets. check it out at bonnaroo.com. any pj fans out there who have yet to be sold on this band based on the short, and kinda weak set for mmj standards at lollapalooza last year and their opening sets for the '06 pj tour, make sure you don't miss this if you are going to bonnaroo. this has the possibility to be a 3-4 hour epic set by one of the greatest live bands in the world right now. i was told last year that the ben harper late night set went until 6 in the morning. sounds like it's gonna be a memorable experience.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• clayton12clayton12 Posts: 337
    simply amazing. i saw them at their late night iin '06 and it brought tears to my eyes, i just hope they dont pay after PJ because you have to get there pretty early for a good spot and i will not miss PJ. About Harper, he didnt play late night last year, he played the super jam, which was amazing, but less than two hours.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    clayton12 wrote:
    simply amazing. i saw them at their late night iin '06 and it brought tears to my eyes, i just hope they dont pay after PJ because you have to get there pretty early for a good spot and i will not miss PJ. About Harper, he didnt play late night last year, he played the super jam, which was amazing, but less than two hours.

yeah we're on the same page. i heard that they might be playing after pj, but it's all just assumptions at this point i'm sure.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    ahh man that news almost makes mw want to reconsider my decision not to go. I bet that late night show will be awesome
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    IF i was going i'd be at this for sure

MMJ impressed the hellouta me on the PJ tour

That "z" cd is good :)