Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame

LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
edited March 2007 in Other Music
First of all i wanna just say that i thought that was a great speech ed gave for r.e.m. during the induction ceremonies. i love hearing ed talk cause he's always so sincere. you can tell he really means everything he is saying. anyway.....moving on to the point. watching that it made me wonder what bands that are around today will eventually get into the hall of fame. and i'm not talking about really older bands and musicians that they just haven't gotten around to inducting yet, like patti smith. some off the top of my head that i think should def. make it are....
pearl jam
radiohead
nirvana (don't think they're in it)
red hot chili peppers
my morning jacket (i think over time they are going to get the respect they deserve)
creed (just kidding)

and i don't know i'm drawing somewhat of a blank because there aren't too many bands of the modern era that are extemely well known that i think are making music worthy of the hall of fame. i'm sure there's a bunch that i just didn't think of though. and i know there are some really good bands around today but keep in mind unless they have a huge fan base and their music is known all over they probably aren't going to get recognized by the hall of fame
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    what's the criteria for getting inducted? i can't remember.

I am so pissed that I missed this. I think I was asleep by 9:30 and I did not even turn on the tv that night.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    if grand master flash and the furious five make it..outkast better make it
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    iluvcats wrote:
    what's the criteria for getting inducted? i can't remember.

I am so pissed that I missed this. I think I was asleep by 9:30 and I did not even turn on the tv that night.

Here ya go...

http://spinner.aol.com/rockhall/2007-induction-ceremony

If it doesn't work then just re-set the time zone on your p.c's closk in the bottom right corner of your desktop.
    I thought was was superb during 'Man on the moon'.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    You can only get in 25 years after your first release.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I thought was was superb during 'Man on the moon'.

you thought what was was amazing? ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    duff (with VR) looks like a grinning dork :D
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    dunkman wrote:

Whoops! I was thinking of the programme Tizwas when I typed that. Honest! :o
    dunkman wrote:

Anyway, don't you know that 'Was' is Ed's nickname? :o
    10/10 - Brad in B'more