What Do You Think of Hinder

Veto1992Veto1992 Posts: 8
edited February 2007 in Other Music
I just opened this thread to get imput on both sides of the issue, do you/or not like hinder?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I think they are beyond horrible. I think it's the lead singers voice that annoys me the most.
  • I think they are beyond horrible. I think it's the lead singers voice that annoys me the most.

Seriously i mean they really suck! He makes me want to go jump off a cliff and kill myself!
  • Veto1992 wrote:
    Seriously i mean they really suck! He makes me want to go jump off a cliff and kill myself!

ok, then don't listen to them.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    Yeah, they're pretty terrible. Worst part is that they play them constantly on the radio around here. They have about as much substance as Nickelback in my opinion..........
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    they fucking suck
  • rival9500rival9500 Posts: 572
    Oh God here we go. Yeah, I agree with you guys, Hinder is shit. I mean the one lips of an asshole song is way overplayed and awful. i just got a new car so i have been forced to listen to the radio until recently when i got a cd player put in. All the rock/alternative stations play it constantly. Then there is the other one. I just remember the lame lyrics "go home, get stoned,..." wow, so creative.

Be prepared to hear a lot of whining from people crying "don't listen to them then" or "you're just as lame for listening to them" "don't listen to the radio" "ohhhh god, why do these people complain about other bands"
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    personally, they do nothing for my ears. but who knows, some people out there might like 'em and that's fine. everybody's got their own tastes in music. i try and not listen to the radio anyways. most of the stuff on there is trite, repetitive and sounds like everyone else. I just try and keep my ears open for whatever sounds good to me, whether it be mainstream or indie. it doesn't matter to me.
    Live Free or Die!
  • Sounds So Schweeeeeeeeet
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I think they are a band that are very full of themselves, they are just popular because they are the mtv darlings of today, and will be here today and gone tomarrow real quick. One of my favorite bands the Burden Brothers opened for them along with Black stone cherry back in December. I love the Burden Brothers, but don't give a rats ass about Hinder (I tried to listen to their music, it's just not my thing). Anyhow I didn't go see one of my favorite bands OPEN for Hinder cause I wasn't going to pay about 40 bucks just to leave during Hinder. I figured I'd see the BB on a headlining gig and I did just last week. I mean Hinder is VERY popular right now, (sold out both Houston shows) but they are the modern radio garbage of today... that's the only reason they are popular. Once radio goes another direction, Hinder will be a "what ever happened to those guys"? type band. I mean if you are a Hinder fan than cool, no offense meant at all. They just are not to my music liking. I think theeir fanbase is probably 99% teenage girls anyway.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    3sheets wrote:
    i try and not listen to the radio anyways. most of the stuff on there is trite, repetitive and sounds like everyone else.

who is everyone else?
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I might have enjoyed the song if I'd never seen the video.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Whenever I see a Hinder video I think to myself "Maybe Helen Keller didn't have it that bad afterall".
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    The lead singer thinks he's Steven Tyler. Two thumbs down for you, Hinder.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • The video for lips of an angel is wierd, he screames in the phone, i really feel sorry for the chick on the other end!
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    terrible corporate garbage
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    when I first heard them I thought they were Nickelcrap, they SUCK! No originality, same boring chord progressions, nothing new!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    the first few seconds of that song made me quickly change my launchcast player into the next song. LaunchCast has this thing in which you can make your own radio playlist, but every now and then they put music that is in your favorite genre, and sadly, that stupid Hinder song showed up. Gah! Then what is worse, my friend, she LOVES that song. She played it and I listened to the lyrics...WORST lyrics EVER! I told her I didn't dig it, but told her if she likes it, then more power to you.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    bought my fiancee tickets to the show in St. Louis this last Friday and i was going into this thing thinking OMG just another pop rock band but i gave them a chance and i have to admitt besides the lead singer trying to be like Steven Tyler of Aerosmith and the overplaying of "Lips of an Angel", these guys just did what they did, played pop rock and it was entertaining nothing more, nothing less

Black Stone Cherry and Finger 11 opened up and let me tell you BSC played their asses off!!! and its amazing to me Finger 11 has been around for 10 years and it took "One Thing" from their last album to get noticed...new stuff they played sounded good and the album comes out March 3rd
  • they're just annoying. they don't play music out of passion, they play music for the industry and to make money. i heard their second single a week or two ago on the radio, and it sucked. not as bad and lips of an angel, but just like..awkward.
  • -HINDER (noun)- the perspiration that forms at the top of one's asscrack, causing chafing and unsightly rashes in one's nether regions.

1. Can I borrow your Gold Bond? I have have some wicked bad hinder going on.

2. (From a Rap Song) From the window to the walls. Till the [hinder] drips from my balls!
  • cheese corn bubble slop pop here today and hope they're gone tomorrow the singers whine gets me ill.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    Never in my life have I seen a band TRY SO HARD like this shitty band does. You hear the music, and it's garbage. Take "Lips of an Angel" for example-- One day, these guys sat down and said, LET'S WRITE THE CHEEZIEST BALLAD EVER AND GET IT ALL OVER THE RADIO. Mission Accomplished.

When I hear the song, I see Chad from Nickelback and their shitty band singing it in my head... But have you ever seen these guys? Sure, a couple of them look like they're straight outta Nickelback, but then a couple of them look like they're from Blink 182, and top it off with the lead singer, who dresses, yep, you guessed it, EMO. Not that I really care that much about how a band looks, but when you see them trying to cover ever means of shitty popular "rock" music in their own dress style over the past 7 years-- you can't help but think, that these guys are just trying WAY TOO HARD.

If you have myspace, I urge you to visit their site and check out their pictures. You'll see what I mean:
    http://www.myspace.com/hindermusic

Guess it's working for them though... They've obviously figured it all out. How to make it to the top: just keep it cliche'.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    pfffft and "grunge" was creative?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Just read a piece in Kerrang about these guys, apparently on their tour bus they have a two foot long dildo called a 'Gut-Buster' (ewwwww!) and there's $100 dollars on offer for any woman who can fit it in any orifice. Can I be the first to say, THAT IS FUCKING RANK!!!!!! What pisses me off more about this band is how they ride that nu-grunge sound, yet quite clearly live for getting their rocks off and treating women like shit. At least with some of the other bands of that genre, they have some degree of passion for the music they make.
  • -HINDER (noun)- the perspiration that forms at the top of one's asscrack, causing chafing and unsightly rashes in one's nether regions.

1. Can I borrow your Gold Bond? I have have some wicked bad hinder going on.

2. (From a Rap Song) From the window to the walls. Till the [hinder] drips from my balls!

THAT'S FUCKING FUNNY, I DON'T CARE IF YOU LIKE HINDER OR NOT! HAHAHAHAHA
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Veto1992 wrote:
    I just opened this thread to get imput on both sides of the issue, do you/or not like hinder?
    hinder and nickelback are a sign of the apocalypse

seriously anyone who likes even 2 bars of this doesnt deserve their ears.

talk about corp rock
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    bharQ wrote:
    pfffft and "grunge" was creative?
    thats the most posts ive ever seen in a troll
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    thats the most posts ive ever seen in a troll

Nah, I think that's his real opinion. What I can't undesrtand is why he farted before he said that.... :)
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Nah, I think that's his real opinion. What I can't undesrtand is why he farted before he said that.... :)

i crack funnnnies when its cold
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    i've only heard lips of an angel. trite and uninteresting.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008