Bands you wish for MTV Unplugged

bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Seriously MTV is not as what it used to be like and it's been awhile since we had an MTV Unplugged show featuring rock bands. When was the last time? I can't remember.

If they're gonna revive the show my pick is Foo Fighters. Also not to mention Godsmack, and Radiohead.

If they could do Dashboard Confessionals, why in the hell couldn't they do bands better than that?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Wilco
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    Wilco

I doubt MTV would give them the licence to perform because most people would say who the fuck is Wilco? A chocolate drink?

But Wilco is an average band and I like a few songs from them.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    U2
  • The White Stripes
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Prince
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • bestsane wrote:
    I doubt MTV would give them the licence to perform because most people would say who the fuck is Wilco? A chocolate drink?

But Wilco is an average band and I like a few songs from them.

Yeah well, I wasn't going for realistic. Most of the bands MTV viewers are familiar with suck.

Average? Pfft.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    The White Stripes
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Prince

Yes.
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    My immediate thought was also Wilco.

I tried to type up something insighful as to why Wilco is anything but average, but my words couldn't do them justice. So I'll just put it simply: Call Wilco okay, boring, annoying, pretentious or simply not you're style - but I can't see anything average about this band.

. . . And I'd like to see PJ Harvey play MTV Unplugged.
  • For sure on Wilco.

MMJ
    Kings of Leon [check out Molly's Hangover]
    New Pearl Jam
    Secret Machines
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    bruuuuuuuuuuuuce
    green day
    the killers
    linkin park
    rchp
    incubus
    tragically hip
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Flaming Lips - Their stuff sounds really good stripped down. Be nice to see them play the songs away from the spectacle.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Beck
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Outkast

...honestly one hell of a live show..would love to see them break their stuff down acoustic
    i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
  • Outkast

...honestly one hell of a live show..would love to see them break their stuff down acoustic

that sounds like a great show.....

i would like to see dark new day or alter bridge or have a perfect circle play one last show.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • larslars Posts: 524
    aphex twin
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Rancid

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Opeth
    Nine Inch Nails
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Opeth
    Nine Inch Nails

I was just going to post NIN. Trent and piano. Maybe strings. He does some amazing things when acoustic.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • nepalnepal Posts: 143
    I wish they would unplug MTV
    ...the dreams ain't broken down here now,
    they're walking with a limp
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Dick Jones wrote:
    Beck
    I agree 100%
  • nepal wrote:
    I wish they would unplug MTV

haha, for the most part I would agree with you.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    U2

Green day

A perfect circle

RHCP

QOTSA

Smashing pumpkins
  • if godsmack did it that would be the icing on the cake to their quest to be exactly like alice in chains only much shittier.

who cares about MTV unplugged?

who cares about anything MTV has done in the last 12 or so years?
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    i would say my morning jacket but then i think to myself.....these guys kick too much ass plugged in...but damn i love that band. either way it would sound great. foo fighters would be good too i suppose. i'd love to hear radiohead......anyway to the people who are saying be realistic about this and who they would have perform, i don't understand what the point of this thread is if you have to conform to that because pretty much all the bands that mtv would have perform would suck. I wouldn't even want to see U2. they had their time and people love them...whatever....i'm so sick of seeing those guys on tv and hearing about how bono is gonna change the world. their new stuff isn't even that great....they've been pumping out music like they're rappers lately.
  • Naplam Death ;)
  • my top 5 of who i would like to see unplugged:

1 pearl jam (again....?)
    2 metallica
    3 RHCP
    4 nine inch nails
    5 another neil young
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    lars wrote:
    aphex twin

that would be the most fucked up thing ever ! especially come to daddy unplugged
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.