Worst MTV Unplugged shows

bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I'm a huge fan of Oasis but sadly their MTV Unplugged performance in 1996 was a major letdown and shitty. There was no guitar & bass sounds and full of orchestra. Plus, Noel was the singer.

Another one is Korn's MTV Unplugged. Same thing like Oasis, with jungle instruments that drown off guitar & bass sounds. No value to Unplugged shows. What a shitty performance.

And yeah, not to mention Jay-Z's. Although I haven't watched it but I know hip hop sucks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I liked the Oasis one, I guess I just like it because it is different.........the horns and piano were really nice too.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I'd second the Korn one but it seems redundent because Korn sucks, either way it's an excuse to play them on the radio which is an excuse for me to hate them
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Ali babaAli baba Posts: 36
    korn is the worst
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    dashboard confessional is the worst, it blows away the korn one by alot
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    Nirvana unplugged..... Id rather listen to grass grow.
  • jack_bass_playerjack_bass_player Posts: 1,126
    the harmonica guy on oasis unplugged was ace!
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • the oasis show was good, i really liked noel's version of wonderwall in particular.
    it was good to have noel sing the songs rather than liam, added something different.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Noel is a far superior singer to Liam. I haven't heard the unplugged concert, but i've heard a lot of various unplugged recordings of Oasis over the years, some with Liam, aome without, and they're always very good.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    looking back, i wish pearl jam had waited. they didn't really have enough decent material for an unplugged set back then. but now...
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I cant believe The cure actually jonied them in singing make me bad ...
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Im not a massive fan of Oasis, they are ok, but i thought Noel was great in the unplugged show.

The Korn one was awful. I dont mind a couple of their songs but seeing them on that show was painful.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    I heard Eddie Vedder likes Korn
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • bertanbertan Posts: 266
    Pearler wrote:

wow, we must have really different music tastes :)
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I'm a korn fan, especially live Korn...but I have to admit...the korn unplugged just did not work.
    "It's all happening"
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    I'm a korn fan, especially live Korn...but I have to admit...the korn unplugged just did not work.

That's how I feel, I saw Korn last summer and I thought they were great but that unplugged show sucked hard.
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    bestsane wrote:
    And yeah, not to mention Jay-Z's. Although I haven't watched it but I know hip hop sucks.

:rolleyes:
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    korn=2nd greatest band ever.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    I BrisK I wrote:
    I cant believe The cure actually jonied them in singing make me bad ...
    yeah, and Robert was kind of Creepy when he sang the chorus, "Make Me Bad"
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    bestsane wrote:
    I'm a huge fan of Oasis but sadly their MTV Unplugged performance in 1996 was a major letdown and shitty. There was no guitar & bass sounds and full of orchestra. Plus, Noel was the singer.

Another one is Korn's MTV Unplugged. Same thing like Oasis, with jungle instruments that drown off guitar & bass sounds. No value to Unplugged shows. What a shitty performance.

That's where you are wrong. I dont like hip-hop, but Jay-Z's Unplugged is one of the best cd's I own.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    korn=2nd greatest band ever.

I really hope you mean that the best band ever is everyone else.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    DOSW wrote:
    I really hope you mean that the best band ever is everyone else.
    nope pj=1 korn=2 sublime=3 marley=4
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    nope pj=1 korn=2 sublime=3 marley=4

That's a pretty bold ranking. For the record I like Korn alot too but their nowhere near my top 10 bands.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Nobody is going to beat the Korn one, truly awful. Creep was possibly one of the worst covers I've ever heard.
    That's a pretty bold ranking. For the record I like Korn alot too but their nowhere near my top 10 bands.
    i don't think its bold i think its mine.korn use to be 1 until they changed there sound to much.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Nobody is going to beat the Korn one, truly awful. Creep was possibly one of the worst covers I've ever heard.
    Oh God yes that was disgusting. What about that Amy Lee suckfest that ruined Freak on a Leash? Goddamn they suck hard.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Pearler wrote:

it's clear to see you have not been on these forums for long.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.