Billboard 200: Libertad vs. Zeitgeist

bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Libertad goes head to head with Zeitgeist, and who will emerge victorious in the Billboard 200?

I think Velvet Revolver will top the Smashing Pumpkins up this week or next week.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jsasojsaso Posts: 179
    a close one...
    slash is in the new guitar hero...
    but...

zeitgeist is second on amazon bestseller list...so zeitgeist...
    especialy as rolling stone gave it a good review

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/07/10/new-music-tuesdays-smashing-pumpkins-spoon/
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    Libertad is out a week earlier than Zeitgeist so you can't really do a 'head to head'. I'd say Zeitgeist will probably have a larger first week total. Not by much though, who knows though.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Zeitgeist
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • velvet revolver is so lame I don't know where to begin.

You'd think.. "okay.. slash,.. STP.. should be great"..

On the other hand, Zeitgeist is a superb album and the Pumpkins have GOT to be one of the very best live acts around right now.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    Velvet Revolver's new album is pretty rockin' to me, I like it a lot better than Contraband. I also like Zeitgeist very much so for me it is a tie.
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Debuting at #5, with sales reported at 93,400 and change, is Velvet Revolver's sophomore LP, Libertad (from MTV)
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    im sorry... but even on tarantula i think billy corgan sounds awful.

im a fan of old pumpkins, siamese dream was amazing but his voice has just soured... and whats with the robes?

and ps libertad is amazing
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    VR are awesome. Libertad is the most fun, exciting, and kickass album of the year for me. Even those who didn't like Contraband should give it a shot.

As for the Pumpkins, I've never really listened to them, so I can't say.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • i picked up both albums yesterday. my expectations were low, but i have to say that i'm really liking both of them a lot.

zeitgeist is very complex musically, and libertad is a good straight-up rock album.

as for billboard numbers, those don't really concern me... but the smashing pumpkins will easily outsell velvet revolver. it's all in the name.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Slash has proven once again that he needs great songwriters like W. Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin to inspire his guitar playing. Scott's attempt to write cock rock lyrics on Libertad has failed miserably. Scott needs to get a needle back in his arm and do what he does best, sing about being high.
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Scott needs to get a needle back in his arm and do what he does best, sing about being high.

Oh yea that's a wonderful thing to say.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Oh yea that's a wonderful thing to say.

It's true though!!!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I do agree that Izzy was an integral part of GN'R, VERY underrated guitarist.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V