Brother by Alice in Chains

bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
edited August 2007 in Other Music
So last night I was bored and searching for something to digest but instead I found my dusty CD "Sap" by AIC. Seriously I can't remember when was the last time I listened to the CD. I popped it in and recalled how absolutely fucking great the first track "Brother" is. Man, how could I forget about the track...? It is one of the best acoustic-driven songs of all time!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Big AIC fan here... love this song... definitely one of my favorite acoustic songs
  • webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    hmmmm hmmmmmmm hmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmm
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Yup amazing song... an overlooked track that I love is Am I Inside also
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    This song is so good unplugged.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • this song is always good to listen to...i really enjoy it.
    "You are a furry thing....you me me you its all related"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    One of may favorite alice songs. i love when the do it live they stop playing the instruments and just sing the "pictures in a box at home yellowing and green with mold" part.

that is fucking golden
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • GVN2FLIGVN2FLI Posts: 46
    I put JOF and SAP on the same cd and it instantly becomes a top 5 all time cd for me.
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I never really dug the Sap version because I heard the unplugged one first and it is 10 times better. the acapella part is beautiful. such amazing harmonies.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    GVN2FLI wrote:
    I put JOF and SAP on the same cd and it instantly becomes a top 5 all time cd for me.
    here here *a smatter of polite applause*
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    GVN2FLI wrote:

That's a good idea!! :cool:
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    GVN2FLI wrote:
    As did I. But seeing as there is more room on the cd, I also added selected Mad Season songs (Wake Up, River Of Deceit, Artificial Red, All Alone) and a couple of the unplugged ones. Just labelled it Layne Staley. A favorite of mine, and my girlfriend. :)

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • djerdap wrote:
    Right Turn is a dream come true (Staley+Cantrell+Cornell+Mark Arm)

I agree. I used to get so excited when I listened to that song. And I MEAN sexually!

Not really but I love that one! Brilliant! Ed just needed to be on there too.