Alterbridge?

NevermoreByPoeNevermoreByPoe Posts: 4
edited May 2007 in Other Music
has anyone heard anything about them lately? They have a ton of talent packed in their four man lineup. I hope they aren't just a one album side project; Creed is a joke compared to this band in my opinion. Does anyone know if they plan release any music in the future?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    has anyone heard anything about them lately? They have a ton of talent packed in their four man lineup. I hope they aren't just a one album side project; Creed is a joke compared to this band in my opinion. Does anyone know if they plan release any music in the future?

you say they have "a ton of talent packed in their four man lineup" . But then you say "creed is a joke". They are creed but without Chad?
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I BrisK I wrote:
    you say they have "a ton of talent packed in their four man lineup" . But then you say "creed is a joke". They are creed but without Chad?

You mean Scott Stapp!! For the most part they sound NOTHING like Creed, Myles Kennedy's voice is one of the very best in the business, and there's no denying Tremonti's guitar work is light years better in AB than it was in Creed.

To answer the original question, they are nearly done recording their new album, which I believe is due out around september.
  • the reason alterbridge is so much better than creed is that stapp held the musicians back, all of them. Tremonti went from being a slow paced, graceful but not impressive musician during his creed days to an extremely intricate and flashy guitarist when one day remains came out. Pretty much the same story for the rest of them. And Kennedy is a great singer, kinda reminds me of cornell. It only takes a few seconds of listening to tell that the alterbridge songs are much more complex than anything creed ever put out.
    the reason alterbridge is so much better than creed is that stapp held the musicians back, all of them. Tremonti went from being a slow paced, graceful but not impressive musician during his creed days to an extremely intricate and flashy guitarist when one day remains came out. Pretty much the same story for the rest of them. And Kennedy is a great singer, kinda reminds me of cornell. It only takes a few seconds of listening to tell that the alterbridge songs are much more complex than anything creed ever put out.

I totally agree. I wouldn't waste too much effort trying to convince anyone here though, most people here just can't look past the creed thing, I think it's ingrained on their subconsciouses or something.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    You mean Scott Stapp!! For the most part they sound NOTHING like Creed, Myles Kennedy's voice is one of the very best in the business, and there's no denying Tremonti's guitar work is light years better in AB than it was in Creed.

To answer the original question, they are nearly done recording their new album, which I believe is due out around september.

my bad

They are similar. I didn't say anything about the lead singer ;)
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    they are marginally better than creed because Miles Kennedy is a thousand times better than stapp but they still seem to release over-the-top, creed-esque power ballads. waste of talent if you ask me. tremonti is a good guitarist and kennedy is a great singer. they should make more use of it.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    they are marginally better than creed because Miles Kennedy is a thousand times better than stapp but they still seem to release over-the-top, creed-esque power ballads. waste of talent if you ask me. tremonti is a good guitarist and kennedy is a great singer. they should make more use of it.

There's like 2 or 3 ballads on their album......As a percentage, there is far more rocking stuff on there, like Find The Real, One Day Remains, Watch Your Words, Metalingus, The End Is Here.

By all accounts the new album is heavier still. Let's not forget the first album was pretty much written before Kennedy got involved, so having toured relentlessly I'm sure they will have forged a more powerful and unique sound on the new material.
  • jack_bass_playerjack_bass_player Posts: 1,126
    one day remains is such a fucking immense album... i really do love it!

missed them last time they played in manchester, so hope they come back to tour the new album :D
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    just as much of a joke as Creed was
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson