mc hammer

emily18emily18 Posts: 489
edited April 2007 in Other Music
i have a theory that everybody is a closet mc hammer fan.
damn, i dont even like rap at all, but i can't help but get into "can't touch this" or "2 legit 2 quit". they're just so much fun.

or maybe me theory is complete bullshit, who knows?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    there was also a theory that the world was flat, but that ended up not holding much water, so to speak.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I like lots of rap music but the only time when it is acceptable to like MC Hammer is at a party. fact :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    yes your theory is full of shit. :D
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    i have a reliable source (http://www.pollstar.com) that MC Hammer is playing the Great Bamboozle fest in East Rutherford next month :)
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    MC Hammer played the halftime show at the Denver Nuggets season opener. I had to smile.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    transplant wrote:
    MC Hammer played the halftime show at the Denver Nuggets season opener. I had to smile.

seems about right....lol
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • i don't think so..never would i be sitting home alone and think ohh i'm gonna throw on some hammer and rock out. but maybe as a joke at a party :)
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    transplant wrote:

Damn....That Anthony Carmelo has some serious connections!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Damn....That Anthony Carmelo has some serious connections!
    is that the same guy as Carmello Anthony? :)
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • i loved hammer back in the day. please hammer don't hurt em was one of my first cassettes, and 2 legit 2 quit was one of my first cd's.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    i don't think so..never would i be sitting home alone and think ohh i'm gonna throw on some hammer and rock out. but maybe as a joke at a party :)

yeahh thats what i mean. not necessarily listening to him regularly, but you just cant help but get into it when you hear him somewhere! he's just so funny. :p
  • emily18 wrote:
    yeahh thats what i mean. not necessarily listening to him regularly, but you just cant help but get into it when you hear him somewhere! he's just so funny. :p
    yeah i hear ya! nobody can hate on hammer he seems like a good dude and his stuff is more like a novelty and everybody knows it so it always gets people moving and smiling when you play it at a party
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    emily18 wrote:
    i have a theory that everybody is a closet mc hammer fan.
    damn, i dont even like rap at all, but i can't help but get into "can't touch this" or "2 legit 2 quit". they're just so much fun.

or maybe me theory is complete bullshit, who knows?
    It simply falls under the category of "guilty pleasure"....you just can't help it or yourself.

Your shame is our shame :)!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Super Freak is better.

I'm Rick James bitch!
  • leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I like lots of rap music but the only time when it is acceptable to like MC Hammer is at a party. fact :D

Definitely! I had a little debate with some guy at a party if 2 Legit 2 Quit was MC Hammer or Run DMC, but I obviously know my Hammer and won the debate.
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • I had a couple hammer tapes way back when. Along w/ MJ's 'bad', a vanilla ice tape and a kris kross tape :) I was a pretty misguided kid, haha.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I had a couple hammer tapes way back when. Along w/ MJ's 'bad', a vanilla ice tape and a kris kross tape :) I was a pretty misguided kid, haha.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with Bad. It's really good :cool:
  • I was pissed when my parents didn't let me go to the Hammer concert when I was a Freshman in high school. :( :)
    NERDS!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    i have the same birthday as MC Hammer...
    ...actualy, he has the same birthday as ME.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    oppie1 wrote:
    i have a reliable source (http://www.pollstar.com) that MC Hammer is playing the Great Bamboozle fest in East Rutherford next month :)

http://www.thebamboozle.com/

Is it me or does MC Hammer sound like the odd one out in that line up?:D:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    http://www.thebamboozle.com/

at first i thought that it said "MYCHEM KAL RO Mace" i was like, what the hell kinda band is that... and why did it get such a big spot with a logo? then i realised what band it was haha
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • http://www.thebamboozle.com/

I would've said yes, then I noticed Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock! Sweet!
    NERDS!
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Did anybody see footage of Hammer dancing at James Brown's funeral. I remember they were showing higlights of it on the news and my wife goes, who and what is that guy doing? I jumped out of my seat and shouted, That's Hammer and we both laughed uncontrolably for about 10 minutes, no joke. He looked that silly and the newscaster couldn't recognize the guy dancing to be Hammer.
    Did anybody see footage of Hammer dancing at James Brown's funeral. I remember they were showing higlights of it on the news and my wife goes, who and what is that guy doing? I jumped out of my seat and shouted, That's Hammer and we both laughed uncontrolably for about 10 minutes, no joke. He looked that silly and the newscaster couldn't recognize the guy dancing to be Hammer.

You mean this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkKU3Qz1pOg

:D
  • anyone remember mchammer when he tried to reinvent himself as a gangster rapper circa 1993 or am I retarded?
  • anyone remember mchammer when he tried to reinvent himself as a gangster rapper circa 1993 or am I retarded?
    I remembered. That was a sad sad day :D
    NERDS!
    anyone remember mchammer when he tried to reinvent himself as a gangster rapper circa 1993 or am I retarded?

That was the whole Pumps and a Bump shit no?
    That video is on youtube as well.