What do You Think About Hinder

run_into_the_rainrun_into_the_rain Posts: 93
edited January 2007 in Other Music
I just had a conversation about Hinder.

I personally can't stand them. What do you have to say.

7/02/06 Denver
12/02/06 Honolulu
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I read a review the other day that was really talking them up, so I checked them out....utter crapola of the highest order. Their whole grunge/cock rock hybrid is fucking shite! That lips of an angel song kind of made my skin crawl - I had to cleanse my ears afterwards with some decent music.
  • I just had a conversation about Hinder.

I personally can't stand them. What do you have to say.

i really like the verse to "lips of an angel" but the chorus makes me cringe...i could totally do without them
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Absolutely horrid radio rock crap.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I really can't stand these guys. I once saw the video to their song "Lips of an Angel" and it is beyond hillarious. When the singer picks up the phone and says "honey why you calling me" it's beyond priceless.

Someday I would like to walk out of a bar drunk as a skunk and run into them so I can throw up all over them. I've never felt that way about any band, but they are truly terrible
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    I think they have potential to be the new "Creed"! "Lips of an Angel" will be a strip club anthem on par with "Arms Wide Open" soon. So basically I think they're fucking shit. Axl please come back and kill off this shit music.
    Matty Boy wrote:
    I think they have potential to be the new "Creed"! "Lips of an Angel" will be a strip club anthem on par with "Arms Wide Open" soon. So basically I think they're fucking shit. Axl please come back and kill off this shit music.

While I agree that they are shit, if Axl comes back to kill this off, who is going to kill off Axl?
  • Dog LoyalDog Loyal Posts: 336
    I really can't stand these guys. I once saw the video to their song "Lips of an Angel" and it is beyond hillarious.

It's horrible. It looks like he's hollaring into the phone. You could just picture her cringing on the other end.

I've not been subjected to that Hinder song enough to say for sure, but it sounds like a cheapo ripoff of Crown of Thorn's chord progression.

Sacriledge.
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    they suck

nothing better than a ballad about getting a blow job
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • That what Ive' been telling people for weeks. This band sucks. I agree with all of you.

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
  • I can't really say much about them because I can't get 30 seconds into one of their songs without wanting to cut my ears of with a blunt knife. Which says a lot in itself.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    they are sooooo fucking bad. another band in the mainstream shit rock genre as if nickleback wasnt enough
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • I just watched their two music videos for the first time. That was also the first time I had heard any of their music because I'd been avoiding the inevtiable for so long.

Oh...my...god
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
  • NickyNooch wrote:
    Absolutely horrid radio rock crap.
    *nods*
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • apparently a country band covered the song so they did'nt even write their own songs.

shit.
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    personnally I think they are fucking hilarious, like just a brillant send up of all that cock rock/shitty rock. At least it would be if they weren't so painfully serious
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    total shit
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    yield2me wrote:
    total shit

my thoughts exactly..but the general public seems to like it.
  • Nickelback's younger brother :(
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • it seems to me like they couldn't decide if they wanted to sound like guns n' roses or motorhead... so they decided to sound like shit instead...

it turns out that you need talent in order to sound like either of those bands.

it does not bother me that they suck. it bothers me that this type of music is considered to be rock, and that this is the only type of "rock" that the record labels have any interest in anymore.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Don't like the guy's voice, and they seem pretty sexist. But you know its going to appeal to some people, unfortunately. Plenty of people like that lame trite stuff.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • " Go home! get stoned! cuz the sex is so much better when your mad at me!"

best lyrics of all time.

the truth of the matter is, we couldn't live without bands like hinder, because there has to be something to laugh at.

edit: oh and on some talk show they played on the singer had a bunch of "49'ers" bras on his mic stand. and the guitarists nickname is "blower" because he got a blow job while playing on stage. this just makes them even better.
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • Hinder is some real crap. Think I've only listened to lips of an angel once entirely, and whenever i hear it coming, I turn off the radio. Plus didn't they have that song get stoned? Some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard.
    Yes let axl kill 'em off. And fear not, its Axl, so he'll kill his own career sooner rather than later. When does Chinese Democracy come out? 2010?
    Something never thought you'd be part of
  • This is great Wife Beater music. If your not a wife beater it sucks ass

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    that song will play at my wedding dance.
  • so like i said, 2010

yeah, basically... not that it even matters anymore.

axl will be dead by 2010 anyway.
  • i'd rather floss my teeth with my ass hair than listen to more than 3 seconds of a hinder song.
    i'd rather floss my teeth with my ass hair than listen to more than 3 seconds of a hinder song.

That is a great way of putting it...
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    aarrrrrgghhhh, Lips of an Angel!!!! that song annoys me the same way as Rihanna's Unfaithful! "I don't wanna do this anymore" and "I guess we never really moved on" for fucks sake - do something about it then!!! :mad:

the bad thing is that I can almost relate to tiny bits of that fecking Angel song! :eek:

the good thing is that it's the only Hinder song I've ever heard.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."