Need Help Importing Protected Music

run_into_the_rainrun_into_the_rain Posts: 93
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Hey guys. I have a few cds around that are content protected so they cant be imported to iTunes and some that can be imported but are scrambled. I was hoping somebody out there knew a way around the block. Thanks

7/02/06 Denver
12/02/06 Honolulu
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    download the music on the internet?
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • JamalJamal Posts: 2,115
    try ripping them with media player
    Or try some specific software (you'll find some, just google a bit)

Can't really say I support the idea of downloading it in any illegal manner, as this is a public board ;)
    And I suppose you don't want to pay for it again, as you seem to have bought the original albums
    Surf little waves big... Charge big waves hard

- Antwerp '06, Nijmegen '07, Werchter '07
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    when you insert the disc into your computer hold down the shift key to bypass the copyright protection
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • when you insert the disc into your computer hold down the shift key to bypass the copyright protection

I heard something about this but couldn't remeber exactly. I'll give it a try thanks.

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    One of the protection schemes, "suncomm" or something like that, installs a driver that can be disabled, if you google around you will find it. It has been awhile since I have dealt with one of those. These days if I buy a protected CD for some reason I just torrent the mp3s rather than trying to rip.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    I only got two cd's on my collection that are like that, In Your Honor and Contraband, I just downloaded them uTorrent, also this probably won't help you, but when you first enter the disc in your computer you can put them on iTunes. On both cd's I was able to put the music on my computer. The second time is when I face the problems.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • One of the protection schemes, "suncomm" or something like that, installs a driver that can be disabled, if you google around you will find it. It has been awhile since I have dealt with one of those. These days if I buy a protected CD for some reason I just torrent the mp3s rather than trying to rip.

Thanks. I guess I'll do some searching

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu