Silverchair

mookie86metsmookie86mets Posts: 4
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Anyone have any opinions on Silverchair. They are not the PJ rip off they were once considered. The have evolved into an amazing band. Their last cd "Diorama" was unreal and their new cd "Young Modern" is great. They are the biggest rock band in Australia and have fallen off the US map. They are 100x better than most of the stuff on radio.

Just wondering. I'm excited to see them and PJ play on the same stage at Lollapalooza.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,246
    yes they are ,but there is a thread allready on this band..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    I never really thought they were a PJ rip off to begin with. Anything that came out post 95/96 was labled a seattle sound rip off for a while anyway.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    I never really thought they were a PJ rip off to begin with. Anything that came out post 95/96 was labled a seattle sound rip off for a while anyway.
    word
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Gremmie95 wrote:

true. anyway, im stoked to see silverchair live. i saw them years ago and they were excellent and recently got to listen to a copy of live from faraway stables and it is phenomenal! this is going to be a great show. the only thing i fear is that most of the crowd won't even give them a chance and will just be pissed that they probably aren't going to get to hear 'tomorrow.'
  • Always loved Silverchair... Their new album though...not so much.
    www.lostmarblemedia.com
    Motion Graphics and Common Craft style videos.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Young Modern is fucking fantastic. I don't know if it reaches Diorama level yet, but it's close. Go to youtube and type in "If You Keep Losing Sleep Young Modern Launch". That song has balls live
  • listened to their Best Of tonight

it's awesome

seeing them in manchester on august 12th! :D
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Love Johns's voice

his other group the Dissociatives is pretty good. Wild videos for Young man and Horror with eyeballs

I loved frogstomp, and never associated them with PJ ever other than they had a video with the same producer as Jeremey
  • the sheer amazingness of this song... and in particular the sheer brilliance of this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUW2jj8VkiI

wow. :D
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    the sheer amazingness of this song... and in particular the sheer brilliance of this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUW2jj8VkiI

wow. :D

holy shit... next to that is a video of them doing pure massacre... musta been 10 years ago. he looks like a kid!

but yeah, emotion sickness is one of the best songs i've ever heard.
  • Silverchair is a great band. senior year of highschool i dont think i would have got thru it if i hadnt listened to Neon Ballroom over and over. its one of my favorite albums
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    what the hell happened to these guys?

the news stuff is intolerable, Emotional Sickness is ok, but the rest sounds like a Coldplay cover band
  • JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
    great band...i love neon ballroom but my fav is diorama..i haven't been able to get into young modern but maybe after a few more listens it'll click
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    pjalive21 wrote:
    what the hell happened to these guys?

the news stuff is intolerable, Emotional Sickness is ok, but the rest sounds like a Coldplay cover band

I have no idea how you can compare Silverchair to Coldplay. Yes, Diorama is a mellow, piano driven album, but the production and styles are so far apart. Colplay wishes the could pull of songs like Those Thieving Birds and Tuna in the Brine.
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    Silverchair it`s amazing!!!!!
    Coldplay Suck`s, that`s all.
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    holy shit... next to that is a video of them doing pure massacre... musta been 10 years ago.he looks like a kid!

he was a kid. all 3 of them were. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say