new dave matthews band album

DaveMatthewsDaveMatthews Posts: 73
edited December 2007 in Other Music
i was recently told that a dave matthews band album is set to come out in early February of 2008 and they will release a single of a song called Idea of You in January some time.

Any truth to this? I heard it from a friend who has a friend who worked on their recent piedmont park release.

and robert randolph helped on it. but that's pretty much old news
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thats cool, The Idea of You is a good song I really like it.
  • I haven't seen anything like that the album was done. They've been working on it for a while, but "Idea of You" would be a killer single.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    stefan was on sirius recently and said that the band is taking time off now and probably after the holidays they will go back into the studio in the new year.....at the earliest it will be released in late spring depending on how recording goes...songs that will probably be on the album idea of you, cornbread, eh he, and #27....
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    wow, that makes me happy. i'm actually just getting into DMB, i have UTTAD and Crash. any fellow DMB fans wanna help me suggest another album i could buy? and also whats a good live album by them, i see they have alot.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Before These Crowded Streets is my favorite... or was, I'm not sure anymore... to be honest, any studio album by DMB is fantastic. Even their latest album, Stand Up, was great. But, I'd say go with Before These Crowded Streets... then maybe Busted Stuff.. then the rest.
    If I could, think I would give in.
    wow, that makes me happy. i'm actually just getting into DMB, i have UTTAD and Crash. any fellow DMB fans wanna help me suggest another album i could buy? and also whats a good live album by them, i see they have alot.

btcs is a must....probably their best.....also pick up remember two things which is their first album....as for live, central park is good.....the vegas weekend is good for a later choice.....and live from luther college although it's not the band but dave and tim reynolds, it is essential....:)
  • OK thanks for the info. I'm really not all that excited as i'm sure it will suck as usual.

New DMB guy:

Get Before these crowded streets, crash, under the table and dreaming, remember two things, central park concert, and red rocks 95. then quit there. or else you will begin to hate them.
  • and The Lillywhite Sessions.

Everything from 2000-now is so bad
    OK thanks for the info. I'm really not all that excited as i'm sure it will suck as usual.

New DMB guy:

Get Before these crowded streets, crash, under the table and dreaming, remember two things, central park concert, and red rocks 95. then quit there. or else you will begin to hate them.

haha, that sounds great. why you bought a bit too much from them?
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • I don't think their 2000-present stuff sucks at all... yes, it might've gotten a little more poppy sounding to it, but I think it's great. Everyday is a really good album... I really like When the World Ends and then when it fades into Space Between. It's a really solid album, and was the one that took the longest to grow on me... then once I had liked that, I instantly liked Stand Up.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Posts: 414
    I like Busted Stuff (and the Lillywhite Sessions) a lot - I think it was some of their best stuff. I didn't like Stand Up for a long time, but it has improved on time. Everyday is my least favorite CD. Didn't like it in 2000, don't like it now.

I actually don't like UTTAD either, but only b/c all those songs sound so much better live than they do as studio versions.
  • I'm a big fan of Everyday and Stand Up, probably because those are the first DMB albums I listened to. I'm just now working my way back to the other albums/check out some live bootlegs.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
    drunkcow wrote:
    I'm a big fan of Everyday and Stand Up, probably because those are the first DMB albums I listened to. I'm just now working my way back to the other albums/check out some live bootlegs.

oh wow really? if that brought you in, your gonna love the rest....:)
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    OK thanks for the info. I'm really not all that excited as i'm sure it will suck as usual.

New DMB guy:

QFT. If you want more live stuff, get any Live Trax before '00, and if you get one after '00, make sure you only listen to the stuff from before '00. Everyday & anything afterwards doesn't even sound like the same band, just some average, bland acoustic poppy stuff.

Busted Stuff / Lillywhite Sessions is underwhemling, but I think when played live there are some great songs. Maye it's just in comparison to Stand Up & Everyday, but oh well. Sweet Up & Down, JTR, Grace Is Gone are all classics live...

Also, 'Louisiana Bayou' is a pretty good song live, especially with Robert Randolph jamming on it...about the only good song off of Stand Up.

The Idea Of You & Eeh Hee are the only two songs that I can stand out of his new stuff. The Idea of You is rather bland, but something about it intrigues me. Corn Bread goes nowhere and is repetitive, Shotgun is really good though...and #27 didn't really do much for me. I do admit it's shaping up to be their best album in awhile, though.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • I didn't like Stand Up at first, but now that I gave it a couple years to grow on me, I really like it. You Might Die Trying is one of my favorite DMB songs of all time.
    yea i went on my zune marketplace just before and checked out the 30 sec soundclips from everyday, before the crowded streets, busted stuff and stand up. crowded streets sounds great, and i really like that all the songs are atleast 5.5 minutes. everyday sounds pretty crappy,too poppy. busted stuff sounded pretty good IMO, and stand up seemed to have its share of crap and some stuff that sounded slightly more like their old style.

looks like i'll be getting before the crowded streets, busted stuff, and maybe stand up. i'll probly buy any live album,preferably one with the most songs on it. i love live cd's anyway.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • i would strongly suggest not getting stand up or everyday. seriously. it's not just crappy for dmb, it's just crappy.

as for their new songs, shotgun is the only one i like. the rest can kiss my ass. i miss this band so much. here's hoping they scrap all that shit and work out another classic
    i would strongly suggest not getting stand up or everyday. seriously. it's not just crappy for dmb, it's just crappy.

as for their new songs, shotgun is the only one i like. the rest can kiss my ass. i miss this band so much. here's hoping they scrap all that shit and work out another classic

what do you think of busted stuff, i found it better than the other releases from the 2000's
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    stand up isn't so bad when played live, like louisiana bayou & you might die trying & hunger for the great light. average in the studio, good live.

busted stuff is the same way, imo. i can probably send you all the songs on busted stuff live, imo that would be better. ;) maybe just because the grace is gone jam is one of my favorite pieces...
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    I don't understand how anyone, ANYONE can like Stand Up. It's so bad.

Whoever said everything post-2000 has sucked is right.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I saw him a few times in September and heard lots of the new stuff...all of which sounded spectacular! I'm especially lovin Sister, Eh hee and Cornbread. And Live at Radio City anyone?:o Yowza! Lovin it!

I might be a minority around these parts:p, but I'm actually pretty damn excited about the new album.;)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••