Your thoughts on Juliette and The Licks

ViggoViggo Posts: 274
edited August 2007 in Other Music
I love Juliette Lewis and The Licks. Eddie Vedder and Juliette Lewis would make a great couple. :P

What do you think about the band?
It's okay, It's okay
You don't have to run and hide away
It's okay, it's okay
I love you anyway
2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I didnt go, but my roomate saw them and said it was pretty good. I always loved her after Natural Born Killers...she proved she could sing in that one.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • First impression is that they sound cool. I've only heard a bit but it's the kind of music I like.

I should look into them more. I'm not sure if she is just a poser or if she really has any substance.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    no good...actors/actresses should stay with what they´re good at.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • lars wrote:
    no good...actors/actresses should stay with what they´re good at.

and she IS a good actress with a good choice of movies.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Entertaining. Saw her with that Courtney Love/Suicide Girls Devil Dolls thing... and at the Whiskey A-Go-Go... and open for Chris Cornell (and she is opening for Muse in September.)
    I really don't care for the 'style' of music she plays... but, she is pretty entertaining to watch. She does have a cute ass. And that kinda kooky Courtney Love-ish insanity thing going... like, she'd be really fun to bang... but, you run the risk that she'll plunge a phillips screw driver in your ear while you're sleeping.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Cosmo wrote:
    She does have a cute ass. And that kinda kooky Courtney Love-ish insanity thing going... like, she'd be really fun to bang... but, you run the risk that she'll plunge a phillips screw driver in your ear while you're sleeping.

Well if you say that she has a cute ass and would be fun to bang without acknowledging her as an actress and musician, I wouldn't be surprised!

She certainly doesn't seem original though. I'm trying to think who she reminds me of.
    Well if you say that she has a cute ass and would be fun to bang without acknowledging her as an actress and musician, I wouldn't be surprised!

She certainly doesn't seem original though. I'm trying to think who she reminds me of.
    Actresses.. actors... I'm really not a good judge of who is a good actor and who isn't because I don't care that much about it.
    And she reminds you of a chick who thinks she looks like Mick Jagger on stage... but, really doesn't, right?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Cosmo wrote:
    Actresses.. actors... I'm really not a good judge of who is a good actor and who isn't because I don't care that much about it.
    And she reminds you of a chick who thinks she looks like Mick Jagger on stage... but, really doesn't, right?

There are a few good actors/actresses that stand out to me but mostly I don't care too much either.

...I'm not thinking of Mick Jagger. Someone else. Someone female?

They all seem to look and sound like that nowadays but she looks cooler doing it. I suspect she knows her music unlike the others.
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    i saw them open up for cornell in toronto a few weeks back and they blew me away with their live show

they closed their set with a sweet jam during which everybody switched insturuments with each other; they rocked the house, tons of energy
  • i saw them open for chris cornell last week. i wasn't overly impressed. the instrumentation didn't really do anything for me.

not my style of music, i guess. oh well...
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Posts: 1,028
    i saw them open up for chris cornell, didnt even realize it was juliette lewis until midway through their set. . .i thought they were pretty good
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Viggo wrote:
    I love Juliette Lewis and The Licks. Eddie Vedder and Juliette Lewis would make a great couple. :P

What do you think about the band?
    They're okay...not exceptional but decent.

A little restraint on her part would probably do her some good, performance wise. As well as some shoes because then she would be less prone to getting pieces of glass in her foot during a show.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    dharma69 wrote:
    They're okay...not exceptional but decent.

A little restraint on her part would probably do her some good, performance wise. As well as some shoes because then she would be less prone to getting pieces of glass in her foot during a show.
    That was the Wiltern, right? Shoes would have helped.
    And I agree... not the best band out there... but, not bad as an opener.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    I'm a big fan of Juliette and the Licks and thought they put on a helluva show.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Cosmo wrote:
    That was the Wiltern, right? Shoes would have helped.
    And I agree... not the best band out there... but, not bad as an opener.
    The Wiltern, it was. Great show that night.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    I saw them on the Quartfestival here in Kristiansand and they blew me away. Great music and what a voice she has!

Eddie mentioned Juliette and The Licks at Lolla (the list along with KOL). Dave Grohl played in their last album "Four on the Floor" and I just found out that he was impressed by Juliette' voice as well.

There are not a lot of actors/actresses that can sing and act, but she can!
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)