How about a little Thrice..

oaklanda12oaklanda12 Posts: 44
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I have to give this band respect.....this is the only band I can listen to of the new generation. Their lyrics are extremely deep, and overall music is composed real well. Their live act is full of energy, and you can't go wrong with their acoustic sets. Most of their concerts go towards a charity, which is always a nice attribute towards their character.

Considering that 97% of the music (if it even is music) out there is crap it's always nice to see a little light. I have a big problem with emo, but I wouldn't really consider them emo especially since their last album was based off a novel.

If you haven't heard them yet, give them a whirl.
06/27/2008 Hartford

Generation X'ey?

http://www.last.fm/user/oaklanda12/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Thrice has become one of my favorite bands. They continue to grow and improve their sound. Vheissu is one of my favorite albums of the last ten years. Their concept album built around the four elements should be unbelievable. And Dustin's solo shows are always a treat as well.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    I don't get it. and there are some better bands in the same genre.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    The Artist In The Ambulance is really good.
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    I thought Thrice is in the same league as the other losers out there?
  • I've seen them live and can vouch that this band is good live. Wish it was longer, but most punkish bands play short sets anyhow. It was about an hour and fifteen minute set. I've liked all the cd's they've had, although not necessarily every song. I liked their last album cuz it was something completely different from them yet still great. Not the risks your typical emo band would take. I like how the main guitarists learned to play the piano and plays the keyboards while doing guitars as well live.
    Something never thought you'd be part of
    Brainofdz wrote:
    I don't get it. and there are some better bands in the same genre.

I would say Vheissu shattered ideas about what their perceived "genre" is. I am tired of hearing them labeled as "Screamo also-rans." They are much more talented than that.
  • i love Thrice , they are one of my favoritebands right now . Vheissu was great album comming after The Artist in the Ambulance
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    randomly bringing this thread back just because although i'm a long time fan i'm currently going through an addicted phase. if you haven't looked into them and are into something a little punky/hardcore then check out some of their older stuff ('illusion of safety' is probably their finest). if you just want some quality alternative rock with hints of harder stuff then go for their latest, 'vheissu'. if you want something kind of ryan adams-esque, then go for their frontman dustin kensrue's solo disc 'please come home'. you won't regret it.

they've just announced their recent signing to vagrant, dropping from island after two albums. i guess this is a good cause to get this thread going again...thoughts on this move? excitement for the new album in the works? check out http://www.alchemyindex.com for recent updates in the studio, etc.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
    r1vers wrote:
    randomly bringing this thread back just because although i'm a long time fan i'm currently going through an addicted phase. if you haven't looked into them and are into something a little punky/hardcore then check out some of their older stuff ('illusion of safety' is probably their finest). if you just want some quality alternative rock with hints of harder stuff then go for their latest, 'vheissu'. if you want something kind of ryan adams-esque, then go for their frontman dustin kensrue's solo disc 'please come home'. you won't regret it.

they've just announced their recent signing to vagrant, dropping from island after two albums. i guess this is a good cause to get this thread going again...thoughts on this move? excitement for the new album in the works? check out http://www.alchemyindex.com for recent updates in the studio, etc.

Two double disc CDs! One this fall, one next spring. Themed around the 4 elements. Should be mindblowing.