Neil Young -Edinburgh Playhouse

dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
edited February 2008 in Other Music
anybody going?
is there any pubs nearby?
and finally will our english accents get us murdered?(we are a quiet lot tho)
only a month to go!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Wanted to go but couldn't get tickets.
    The venue (Edinburgh Playhouse) is right in the heart of Edinburgh's gay district.All bars directly around the venue are gay or gay friendly.
    There is a good rock bar about a five minute walk from the venue,has a very good rock,metal,punk,indie,altenative jukebox (its pretty much my local :) )and does decent bar snacks.
    Its called The Black Bull,but is just know locally as The Bull.Its on the corner of Leith Street and Calton Road.You go down a small set of steps to get to it and there's a statue of bulls head with glowing red eyes above the door.If you want exact directions you can P.M me and I'll let you know.
    Most people are happy to give directions,its a really busy area and very close to the Waverley train station if you are getting to and back by train.Don't worry about an English accent.Its a city with many cultures and very few murders!!!!You've been watching to many episodes of Rebus lol.Most of the Uni students here are English.You won't stand out as long as you refrain from wearing a tartan hat with fake red hair sticking out of it.An offensive cultural mistake made by many who visit Edinburgh :).
    Enjoy the gig.Should be great.Its a really nice venue with good acoustics.Its usually used for Opera's,theatre productions etc.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • stargirl69 wrote:
    Wanted to go but couldn't get tickets.
    The venue (Edinburgh Playhouse) is right in the heart of Edinburgh's gay district.All bars directly around the venue are gay or gay friendly.
    There is a good rock bar about a five minute walk from the venue,has a very good rock,metal,punk,indie,altenative jukebox (its pretty much my local :) )and does decent bar snacks.
    Its called The Black Bull,but is just know locally as The Bull.Its on the corner of Leith Street and Calton Road.You go down a small set of steps to get to it and there's a statue of bulls head with glowing red eyes above the door.If you want exact directions you can P.M me and I'll let you know.
    Most people are happy to give directions,its a really busy area and very close to the Waverley train station if you are getting to and back by train.Don't worry about an English accent.Its a city with many cultures and very few murders!!!!You've been watching to many episodes of Rebus lol.Most of the Uni students here are English.You won't stand out as long as you refrain from wearing a tartan hat with fake red hair sticking out of it.An offensive cultural mistake made by many who visit Edinburgh :).
    Enjoy the gig.Should be great.Its a really nice venue with good acoustics.Its usually used for Opera's,theatre productions etc.
    Thanks!The Bull it is then!! :)
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Thanks!The Bull it is then!! :)

Your welcome.Have a good time.Post a gig review when you get back.:)
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    and finally will our english accents get us murdered?(we are a quiet lot tho)

what fucking night you shandy drinking fuckers gonna be here then? :D;)

*sharpens stuff*
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    I love Edinburgh
  • dunkman wrote:
    what fucking night you shandy drinking fuckers gonna be here then? :D;)

*sharpens stuff*
    I maybe shoulda mentioned we are cumbrians,basically geordies with brains,not real english! are we alright the now?:)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I maybe shoulda mentioned we are cumbrians,basically geordies with brains,not real english! are we alright the now?:)

ah Cumbria lad... im just over the border then.. in Dumfries.. :)
    enjoy the show
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I maybe shoulda mentioned we are cumbrians,basically geordies with brains,not real english! are we alright the now?:)

Apparently my second name comes from Cumbria.. I've never met anyone else with it. Burnhope.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Apparently my second name comes from Cumbria.. I've never met anyone else with it. Burnhope.
    Yeah your name is quite common here,it has celtic origins,and a rough translation would be"face of the arse"