Pantera

2»

Comments

• tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    what a great metal band, this is one of few metal bands i really like, who can forget those brilliants riffs for dimebag, or that raw and powerful voice of anselmo ´´one of the best metal voice ever´´.....

also, they have a lot of good songs, i´m broken has a bestial riff´´many songs of them too´´ and floods has probably the best solo of dimebag...
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Probably one of the hardest bands ever to make it big. It's a shame that Phil tore them apart.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Arctangent wrote:
    wasn't cowboys from hell their 4th album? those they made before that were a bit... hair metal!

i do miss pantera though. no one has managed that 'crunchy' sound quite as well since.
    They did make some stuff in the 80s that have a real heavy influence on Kiss like sound. The lead singer back then, was Terry Glaze. I met Terry about 2 years ago, and saw his new band Lord Tracy. We hung out with Terry after the show, and had some beers. Very cool guy. Those albums were never officially released and where just local albums, Cowboys... was released on a major label so it's their fist Major record debut. Terry was fired,before Cowboys from hell, as the band wanted to go with the speed metal sound you hear in their records. I also got to see and meet Rick Derranger (The McCoys, white trash, and early producer of weird Al albums in the 1980s). I didn't know Terry was the original Lead vocalist for Pantera until after my friend had introduced me to him. My friend used to go watch Pantera back in the clubs. They only saw them once with Phil. They didn't really like Phil at all, basically they said he was a douchebag.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    Is no one here a fan of Phil's voice? I know that he was a jerk, but no one did what Phil did the way he did it.

Would it be like Pearl Jam without Eddie Vedder?
  • korbykorby Posts: 298
    when i was a kid. Iron Maiden and Judas Priest turned me on to metal music. I also liked Ozzy Osbourne.
    There may have been others, but i dont remember. Then there was Metallica. They got me into punk like Misfits.
    Then came along others like Megadeth ,Anthrax to name some. And then There was Pantera. Metal with punk attitude. They took it to a new level. obviosly there were problems and the band eventually dissolved. And fans like me were disapointed. But then the combining of C.O.C. and Pantera created a new monster .
    I was worried that Phil may not be as aggresive as he once was. but hearing "iscream" laid my fears to rest. the next Down album, i think will rock ...
    its ok
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    SLH916 wrote:
    Is no one here a fan of Phil's voice? I know that he was a jerk, but no one did what Phil did the way he did it.

Would it be like Pearl Jam without Eddie Vedder?

I like it. But I can see why some dont, it's an aquired taste.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.