The La's

SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Is anyone else listening to them? They only have one album and a bunch of compilations, and they seem to be heading into obscurity, but I love their stuff and can't seem to get enough of it.

Pearl Jam covered their TIMELESS MELODY on the 2000 tour.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    SLH916 wrote:
    Is anyone else listening to them? They only have one album and a bunch of compilations, and they seem to be heading into obscurity, but I love their stuff and can't seem to get enough of it.

Pearl Jam covered their TIMELESS MELODY on the 2000 tour.
    I have a version of Ed & Death Cab for Cutie doing that song from 2004. Good stuff.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Yeah they are pretty cool. One of my best friends cousin is in that band. He formed another band after The La's called Cast if you don't already know, might be worth checking out.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    mole1985 wrote:
    Yeah they are pretty cool. One of my best friends cousin is in that band. He formed another band after The La's called Cast if you don't already know, might be worth checking out.

Is your friend's cousin John Power?

Do you know if the La's will ever finish their second album?
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    a second record from them would be awesome.

I have a blog that I wrote about this very record on a while back. I now have mp3 hosting abilities on this blog so I should "re-do" the la's.

http://forgottendiscfriday.blogspot.com/2006/06/fdf-volume-1-issue-17-las-las.html
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    SLH916 wrote:
    Is your friend's cousin John Power?

Do you know if the La's will ever finish their second album?

I think so it rings a bell. Was there supposed to be a second album? He said that his cousin hates the La's because there was a big fight or something. He isn't that close to him he hasn't spoke/seen him in a couple of years. I'll try asking him tho.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    there was a BBC in session release last year, apparently all are superior versions of the songs. havent heard it myself though
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    elmer wrote:
    there was a BBC in session release last year, apparently all are superior versions of the songs. havent heard it myself though

I would love it if they ever released their second album. It would probably be amazing, but they played at Glastonbury in 2005 (both Lee and John were there), and Lee's voice really didn't sound good. Hope it was just an off day.