The 23 Most Annoying Frontmen in Rock

partyofonepartyofone Posts: 44
edited August 2008 in Other Music
Check out this list.
http://chicago.metromix.com/music/photogallery/the-23-most-annoying/507348/content

Yup. Ed Ved is in it.
I think it pretty funny and especially agree with the last four.
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me." -Michael Scott
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    kroeger and levine would have topped my list. they suck.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Take Eddie, Keidis, Ed Kowalckuk and Bono off the list for me and you have a great list
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    I can agree with having Vedder on the list. When he rambles ON and ON about politics, it gets pretty annoying.
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    That Thom Yorke pic is scary!!!

It says on Eddie

14. Eddie Vedder

Vedder’s actually mellowed out considerably since Pearl Jam’s early days, when he sang everything like he had a bad case of lockjaw and refused to sully his band’s reputation with such cheap marketing ploys as (gasp) music videos. But he’s still the man most responsible for the fact that, for most of the ‘90s, every hard rock vocalist sounded like he had a bad case of lockjaw.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • I can't believe Kroeger didn't make the top 10. That douche nozzle doesn't even need to open his mouth to annoy me, just the fact that we come from the same province makes me want to move to Alaska...........
    I'll end up alone like I began...
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    Maynard Keenan is missing. Else, I think the list is pretty great. I can def. see how people are annoyed by Ed. I like him, and the critique of him wasn't nearly as bad as the rest of the people on there.

I think if people really understand Eddie and the band, it'd be very easy to paint him as a phony. The whole anti-fame-tortured-artist thing could definitely be used as a front to gain popularity / raise record sales.

I think we all know what he's about though :)
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I thought that list was hilarious and well done.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • at least put Ed on there for the right reasons. the self important drunken political rants are pretty annoying. the voice isnt.
  • i actually agreed with all of that. the stuf about corgan was spot on, as with chris martin, durst, stapp and kiedis.

im an rhcp fan but do think he holds them back, especially obvious live over the last five years or so.

i think the dig at ed is a little out moded, reads like its from 1992
  • CobCob Posts: 857
    No David Lee Roth??? No Mick Jagger?? No Paul Stanley??? What the hell kinda list is that!!!
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    LOL Sting looks like a lobster boat captain? I love The Police but that is funny.

At least they got number 1 right. Although I probably am more annoyed by Fred Durst.
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Cob wrote:
    No David Lee Roth??? No Mick Jagger?? No Paul Stanley??? What the hell kinda list is that!!!

Oh yeah, shit. They totally missed out on some glam trash and late 70's, um, whatever the hell that was..........
    I'll end up alone like I began...
  • Haha nice list; I loved the bit about Tom DeLonge. I've gotta hear me some Creed, this Scott Stapp fellow sounds like quite the douche.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Haha nice list; I loved the bit about Tom DeLonge. I've gotta hear me some Creed, this Scott Stapp fellow sounds like quite the douche.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouwOJsTO9Cc

You know Soundgarden's Jesus Christ Pose? Stapp seems to think it was promoting such behaviour. Awful, awful person.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jellyrolls wrote:
    I can agree with having Vedder on the list. When he rambles ON and ON about politics, it gets pretty annoying.

Should we not care? Should he not have an opinion and try to motivate others to do something?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    though i love his music, i find jon spencer annoying. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    Should we not care? Should he not have an opinion and try to motivate others to do something?
    When I buy tickets to see a band performing MUSIC, that's what I would like to see that band do. I could care less who he wants to see win the presidential race.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Cob wrote:
    Yeah....can't get any more annoying than Diamond Dave.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    though i love his music, i find jon spencer annoying. :)

I feel the same way about Thom Yorke ... God, what a whiny twat this man is, all things told. Still love the music, but damn.
  • shermsherm Posts: 708
    tybird wrote:
    Yeah....can't get any more annoying than Diamond Dave.

Good call
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • I think the guy from Hinder should've been on the list. I'd put right behind Scott Stapp at number 2.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Ill add a few......Morrissey, the sing of Collective Soul (have you seen this guys dance moves?), the singer of Fall Out Boy, James Hetfield
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Im sorry but I dont see how Ozzy missed that list. How can someone sound like such a Tard when he speaks and sing 'slightly normal' not be annoying? Also, Axel Rose is the most annoying fat ass human being of all time.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    When I buy tickets to see a band performing MUSIC, that's what I would like to see that band do. I could care less who he wants to see win the presidential race.

Right on -- give me a hello Clevel ... I mean St Louis and a "how y'all doin' tonight" and you got yourself a fuckin rock concert. Nobody pays for crowd interaction. As a matter of fact, PJ tend to fuck up alot when they play live, so they should just throw a cd on, dance around a bit a call it night. I didn't pay for mistakes for Christs sake.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Take off Ed and Thom Yorke.
  • Of course It has some of the best voices ever. And some of the truely most annoying (Kroger, STapp, Delonge). I'm not surprised at all that included some of the best voices ever in rock. Weiland can sing anything. Yorke and Kietis have beautiful voices and approaches. I almost got offended when I saw Ed Ved, but you got to expect this list will include some of the very best too, especially in "rock" music.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Ain't this some shit Eddie makes that list and I thought for sure one of my favorite voices Geddy Lee would be there or mentioned and it hasn't .

Go figure.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Bennington, Yorke, Bono, Way, Doherty, Kroeger, Rose, Corgan and Dirst... I can't disagree with those.

I personally disagree with Ed Kowalczyk and Vince Neil but that's personal choice.

The others i'm indifferent too.

Vedder being there is just a joke.
    "But he’s still the man most responsible for the fact that, for most of the ‘90s, every hard rock vocalist sounded like he had a bad case of lockjaw"
    WTF?! AND he's HIGHER than the likes of Way and Bennington?! C'mon... SERIOUSLY?!
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Dave Matthews

"is it just us, or is there something vaguely objectionable about anyone who names their band just by sticking the word “Band” after their name? Hey, everybody, look! I’m a total egomaniac and not particularly creative! Now check out this eight-minute mandolin solo"

holy crap
    :D
  • i like Radiohead, but Yorke is overrated. he's a terrible, whiny bitch of a singer.