When was the first time you listened to Jeff Buckley?

GillGill Posts: 56
edited February 2008 in Other Music
I can actually pinpoint the moment i first heard Jeff Buckley's music. I was on the computer at home three years ago, in comes my brother and puts the opening of 'Last Goodbye' on, saying his friend had just played it for him and it sounds pretty cool, so i gave it a listen, fell in love with his music and bought Grace the next day.

Theres just something so calming, reassuring and comforting about it all. I look at that as my moment of musical 'awakening'.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I was a casual fan of Grace for quite a while, but it wasn't til Sketches.... came out that I was really hooked. I bought it at the airport on the way out for a family holiday to Florida, we were sitting in the departure lounge and I was listening to it on my discman, when it got to the "and all the tears we cried...." part on Everybody Here Wants You, I spontaneously burst into tears (I was quite an emotional teenager!). It was all very embarrassing, but the emotion of it totally floored me.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I had heard lots about him, about 4 or 5 years ago, just before Shrek caused some sort of Hallelujah boom. I decided to listen to this song since I'd heard such good things about it. I thought it was the most beautiful vocal I'd ever heard and bought Grace a week later.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • i had seen the grace video a hundred times and never really got into it, until my mate lent me the album then when i heard 'so real' i fell in love

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • My friend gave me the documentary about his life to watch. I just threw it aside and didn't watch it it until about a year later. I immediately went out and bought grace after seeing the documentary and listened to it about 100 times in a row.

So sad that i didn't find out about him until after he had died.
    "Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising."
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    2002 maybe
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • i saw the grace video on mtv. that was it. got the album asap.

but didnt get the opportunity to see him live.

fp, thats a cute story. (hug)