the new jim carrey movie...

soxjamsoxjam Posts: 55
edited January 2007 in Other Music
...trailer says that cobain killed hmself when he was 23...he was actually 27,how the hell did they fuck that up?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Got a link to that, I kinda looked around..cant find it.
  • soxjamsoxjam Posts: 55
    nah,no trailer,sorry,i happened to catch it while watching some tv...movie looks pretty interesting...i think its called "the number 23"
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    don't forget trailers are notoriously editted out of context.
    did a character say that? perhaps someone corrected them but you didn't see that part. sometimes they show scenes in trailers that don't even end up in the movie.
    of course there is also the possibility that the people involved in the movie are idiots. but remember not everyone is aware of the ins and outs of kurt cobain's life.
    remember whose truth, whose reality do we live.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481369/trailers-screenplay-E30583-10-2

This trailer didn't mention Cobain (at least I don't think so)
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    I read about that movie....looks REALLY interesting. Carrey's got something going here with Eternal Sunshine and now this.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    soxjam wrote:
    ...trailer says that cobain killed hmself when he was 23...he was actually 27,how the hell did they fuck that up?

I saw it too. I'm not sure if they were referring to how old he was though... the whole thing went way too fast. They gave you about half a second to read through 1939 - 1920 + 4 + 99 x 3.5 / 55 = 23.

Or maybe I'm just a slow reader.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    I really don't think they were refering to his age either. Just the dates, numbers, etc adding up to 23.
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    i have a free pass to see this movie. i've been looking forward to seeing it for a couple months now. looks like jim's best work yet.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • looks good. I think he really has come into his own. I know this is just throwing it out there but The Truman Show was fantastic IMO. Me, Myself and Irene was great too. I know they were mostly comedies but I still thought the acting was great.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • cutback wrote:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481369/trailers-screenplay-E30583-10-2

This trailer didn't mention Cobain (at least I don't think so)

Yeah it didn't mention Kurt in the IMDB trailer. Someone on there mentioned how Kurt was born in 1967... 1+9+6+7=23 and died in 1994... 1+9+9+4=23. That could be it i guess. Looks like an interesting movie though.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Morrison and Hendrix and Joplin died at 27 as well.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    also looking forward to that movie.

by the way, is this jim carey's most serious acting to date?
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • suns rival wrote:
    also looking forward to that movie.

by the way, is this jim carey's most serious acting to date?

what about ace 2?
  • DOSW wrote:
    I saw it too. I'm not sure if they were referring to how old he was though... the whole thing went way too fast. They gave you about half a second to read through 1939 - 1920 + 4 + 99 x 3.5 / 55 = 23.

Or maybe I'm just a slow reader.

yes..........you..........are..........a.........slow..........reader
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • This looks pretty similar to a film I seen a few years back called Pi. It was about this guy trying to find out how the stock market works and then these old skool jewish guys try to stop him. Good flick I'd check it out if you hav'nt seen it
    no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring