Am I strange? Maybe even odd?

bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I find it real odd, as I'm mostly a fan of a lot of different types of rock music.
I'm not an overly large metal fan, except I love Metallica and Motorhead.

Here's the part I find odd...I have this love for Melodic Death Metal. True story. Anything like Children of Bodom or even Amon Amarth, I completely love. Yet, when it comes to what a lot just call metal such as Iron Maiden, Pantera, Megadeth...I can not get interested in the music. Anyone else have this strange likeness for death metal? Or is bovy_j off his rocker?

My last.FM:
http://www.last.fm/user/thunder_struck
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Hmmmmmmmmmm, I also love tallica adn motorhead, but find it other metal to bore me. I tink the clue here is "melodic". I might check out the other bands you like, I suspect I will like them too.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    A little on the same topic, but if anyone else has a Last.FM, please share it with me! I'd love to see what everyone else's musical interests are.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    You're off your rocker ;)
    I don't really like metal either, with the exception of about 3 bands maybe.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • I love the Tallica. And while I don't care for to much other "metal," I do dig some Pantera in times of anger. I don't like screamer vocals at all, but Dimebag Darrell was such a great guitar player I can overlook them.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    bovy_j wrote:
    A little on the same topic, but if anyone else has a Last.FM, please share it with me! I'd love to see what everyone else's musical interests are.

http://www.last.fm/user/todd76
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I must be off my rocker! Because as you can clearly see from my last.fm, I'm not this big metal head. But I think death metal, especially melodic is just wicked. Odd I tells ya, odd.
  • SwitchSwitch Posts: 119
    I like a lot of metal, and i really like Melodic Death Metal, but my preferance lies in heavy metal/the original wave of British heavy metal, Thrash metal and the new wave of American heavy metal :)

But then, i hate Metallica :/
    I do dig some Pantera in times of anger. I don't like screamer vocals at all, but Dimebag Darrell was such a great guitar player I can overlook them.

Pantera don't have screamed vocals, they're pretty much clean throughout, with some growling.