Bob Dylan camera policy..Help! :)

bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
edited May 2008 in Other Music
I'm just curious if I'll be able to bring my camera on the 20th of May when Bob Dylan hits up Moncton, New Brunswick? (I'd rather ask here and see if I can get an answer than call the Coliseum tomorrow) I have some really good seats, and I'm hoping to snap a few photos!
Anyone seen Dylan recently or know what his policy is for this?

Thanks, Bovy.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    bump
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    They're REALLY tight, I saw him at a festival and nearly got my digital, personal camera taken away. This was literly a point and shoot camera.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Though you don't want to call, the venue is always the best source of info for this type of question. They will have knowledge, both of their policies and of the performers.

When in doubt, learn to use your camera without the flash while still making good photos. It can be done if you're close to the stage (as you mentioned earlier).

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I was at a concert a few weeks ago, and I couldn't see the stage for everyone holding up their digital cameras or cell phone cameras. Really ruined the concert for me...and I'm 6'5''. Worrying about taking pictures takes away from the concert experience...leave em at home, and you'll have a better time.
    "It's all happening"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I was at a concert a few weeks ago, and I couldn't see the stage for everyone holding up their digital cameras or cell phone cameras. Really ruined the concert for me...and I'm 6'5''. Worrying about taking pictures takes away from the concert experience...leave em at home, and you'll have a better time.
    I tend to agree. When I'm at bluesfest in ottawa, I take shots of the festivities, and maybe the first 2-3 songs, but then the camera goes away.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I saw him in Madison last Halloween and my friend had to take the battery out of her camera and come pick it up from security after the show.