White Stripes in Moncton!! Front row!!

bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
edited July 2007 in Other Music
The White Stripes put on a great fucking show! The group of 17 of us had very front row at the Stripes and we loved it. Great show! They played some great songs!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    bovy_j wrote:
    The White Stripes put on a great fucking show! The group of 17 of us had very front row at the Stripes and we loved it. Great show! They played some great songs!
    I just saw them in Ottawa, and was 2-3 people back the entire night (general admission). It was great!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Here's the set list from last night!:

Dead Leaves and The Dirty Ground
    Icky Thump
    When I hear My Name
    Jolene
    Effect & Cause
    Hotel Yorba
    I Think I Smell A Rat> Offend In Every Way> Rag and Bone> Offend In Every Way> I Think I Smell A Rat
    I'm Slowly Turning Into You
    (i forget... a song he played on piano that is not normally on piano)
    Denial Twist
    Death Letter
    Cold Cold Night
    300 mph Torrential Outpour Blues
    You Don't Know What Love Is
    Ball and Biscuit

Encore:::::

Black math
    I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself
    We're Going to Be Friends
    I Fought Pirhanas (along with "Knock it Off")
    Stop Breaking Down
    Seven Nation Army
    Boll Weevil

It was an absolutely great set.
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    I was there too. Kick ass show! For what the show lacked in regards to attendance it seemed to make up for in crowd response.
    funkymonk wrote:
    I was there too. Kick ass show! For what the show lacked in regards to attendance it seemed to make up for in crowd response.

The people on the floor were the main energy to this concert. There were some places in the seated section is was really dead, yet in other parts they were going wild.
    Great concert!
    Great set list!
  • Yeah, I was there along side my main dude Bovy and it was absolutely incredible. From the word go, Jack and Meg were just fuckin on. It's really something to watch their chemistry from front row, they just mesh together so well. Highlight of the night was easily The Denial Twist, which brought the house down to put it simply. I highly recommend checkin out the Stripes if you get the chance
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    DEFINITLEY check them out if you get a chance.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Yeah, I was there along side my main dude Bovy and it was absolutely incredible. From the word go, Jack and Meg were just fuckin on. It's really something to watch their chemistry from front row, they just mesh together so well. Highlight of the night was easily The Denial Twist, which brought the house down to put it simply. I highly recommend checkin out the Stripes if you get the chance

The Denial Twist was so sweet, just so fucking sweet. But, the highlight for me was the medley.
  • I've got tix for albuquerque....can't wait

I think the new album could be their best yet

it's grandeose without grandstanding It's art without being artsy fartsy.

the new stuff is gonna be SICK live

too bad no "catch hell blues" in that set. that thing rocks

maybe because it sounds very similar to "ball and biscut"
  • I've got tix for albuquerque....can't wait

I think the new album could be their best yet

it's grandeose without grandstanding It's art without being artsy fartsy.

the new stuff is gonna be SICK live

too bad no "catch hell blues" in that set. that thing rocks

maybe because it sounds very similar to "ball and biscut"

Any night that Death Letter isn't played, you can expect some Catch Hell Blues.