Mike Patton

trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
edited May 2007 in Other Music
What a motherfucker.

http://www.youtube.com/v/QIzYrAlq-hY

I LOVE this man.

t.
Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    trammeus wrote:
    What a motherfucker.

http://www.youtube.com/v/QIzYrAlq-hY

I LOVE this man.

t.

Can't see the clip but Mike Patton is an absolute genius none the less.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    hahah yeh

I love faith no more!
  • trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    Can't see the clip but Mike Patton is an absolute genius none the less.

Some appreciation for the Wolfmother...
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    trammeus wrote:
    Some appreciation for the Wolfmother...

I think I''ve seen that clip, does he keep getting distracted from the interview because of Wolfmother being shite.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • eleonoraeleonora Posts: 3,198
    Patton is GOD..
    I couldn`t listen to the video because I`m at work now, but when I arrive home that will be the first thing I do.
    " You, you are so special
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
    And cover me with dirt.."
  • trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    In the clip (lolla last year, I guess) Patton is talking about his projects...the first one he mention is a session with "an orchestra of 16 italian musician" or something like that.

Last saturday I was at this show, absolutely fantastic. A concert where he reprised old fashion italian songs, period 50s/60s. All sung in italian.
    Only 3 dates, in some small places.
    "Mondo cane" is the name of the project.
    Great!

t.
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    I dont even need to see the clip to know its good. Patton is a GOD
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    Grande Patton!!!!
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    patton is mostly brilliant. I do love his more serious work more than stuff like fantomas though. check out his album with eyvind kang. genuinely stunning.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Haha I LOVE that video.
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Mike Patton is nothing special. I cant believe how some of you talk about him. His voice is average, he lacks passion in his voice. His lyrics are average at best.
  • eleonoraeleonora Posts: 3,198
    eleonora wrote:
    Patton is GOD..
    I couldn`t listen to the video because I`m at work now, but when I arrive home that will be the first thing I do.
    haha I could listened to the video, PATTON IS GREAT...
    When will be the reunion of FNM?
    " You, you are so special
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
    And cover me with dirt.."
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I really can't stand Mike Patton. I've met many people who love everything he touches but I just can't listen to it. Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Dillinger Escape Plan... it's all terrible.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • TwatayTwatay Posts: 64
    gleemonex wrote:
    I really can't stand Mike Patton. I've met many people who love everything he touches but I just can't listen to it. Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Dillinger Escape Plan... it's all terrible.

i bet you like wolfmother.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i saw some band he is/was in open for tool for the lateralus tour and it was fucking horrible.. not just horrible.. maybe one of the worst opening bands i have ever seen. this includes no name local crap. the music sounded like whales having sex and he was screaming like a maniac.

i dont understand how people love this guy so much. i tried giving faith no more a listen to back in the day but i couldn't get through it.

from what i have seen of him, i think he is over rated!