How Much Does Kat Pay Attention To Grammar?

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Now, I'm no English major - so this could be me thinking too hard into it (and being wrong). But, Kat wrote in her post "mid-week tweet".

Now, without a comma before 'tweet', doesn't what she wrote mean that we are getting a TWEET this mid-week, and not necessarily news. Like, for example, "Tweet, update your memberships, tweet".

Or, was the bird saying "mid-week, tweet', meaning that mid-week we are getting news, and the tweet at the end was just the bird making noise?

Is anyone following me?
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,210
    over analyze much?

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    drew0 wrote:
    Now, I'm no English major - so this could be me thinking too hard into it (and being wrong). But, Kat wrote in her post "mid-week tweet".

Now, without a comma before 'tweet', doesn't what she wrote mean that we are getting a TWEET this mid-week, and not necessarily news. Like, for example, "Tweet, update your memberships, tweet".

Or, was the bird saying "mid-week, tweet', meaning that mid-week we are getting news, and the tweet at the end was just the bird making noise?

Is anyone following me?

holy fuck :eek: :P :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • drew0 wrote:
    Is anyone following me?

Well, nope, but whatever it is your doing, keep up the good work.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    wow, for your sake, i hope its news. cause i think you are losing it my friend. : )
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    you guys need some fresh air :D

There will be show announcements.. of some sorts... now relax and start saving money!
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    It's been my experience that Kat's grammar and spelling have been nearly perfect. :) She kind of rocks the English language. :D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    :confused:
  • the wolf wrote:
    wow, for your sake, i hope its news. cause i think you are losing it my friend. : )
    I agree with the wolf...You'll find out wed...hang in there,...they do have medication out for this kinda shit..
    Now we got a fuckin fight up here,what there's a republican in the audience,what's going on? Eddie(Randell's Island N.Y 96)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Exactly as she said it... a mid-week tweet, as opposed to a Monday tweet or an evening tweet. Understand Tweet as you wish.
  • Now, if you could run that by me one more time, and be coherent, then I think I will be able to grasp the concept at some minimal level.
  • redrock wrote:
    Exactly as she said it... a mid-week tweet, as opposed to a Monday tweet or an evening tweet. Understand Tweet as you wish.

I'm German and I dont even know the word. I just realize how you guys get all excited about it, that's all the proof I need really ;)
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,210
    Now, if you could run that by me one more time, and be coherent, then I think I will be able to grasp the concept at some minimal level.

I think what he was saying is the way it is worded it could mean this was not a tweet and to expect a tweek midweek, or this is the tweek to let you know that there wil be an announcement midweek.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I think what he was saying is the way it is worded it could mean this was not a tweet and to expect a tweek midweek, or this is the tweek to let you know that there wil be an announcement midweek.

he he he :D..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    I thought what you said the first time was right. She was using "Tweet" as an actual noun, hence "mid-week tweet".

I could be wrong I guess...
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    fairly confident there is no magic to it...announcement should be interpreted as follows "shit going down middle of next week" - as for "middle", likely Wednesday. I am one for puzzles and games but...I don't think there is anything there - still wonder about the lack of "make sure your memberships are up-to-date" note.
  • Kat's grammar and spelling have been nearly perfect. :):D

So have her legs....and eyes...
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • I'm still wondering why she added a hyphen to "midweek."
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    She grammer are the most excellentest!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Maybe we should go back to counting the tiles in the shower...
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Maybe we should go back to counting the tiles in the shower...

The answer is 6......6.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    It's bird talk.
  • StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    drew0 wrote:

Is anyone following me?

I'm from Slovenia and English is my foreign language and I don't know all of the rules- but - I'm quite sure that Kat meant tweet as a noun..so "mid-week tweet" in meaning is the same as "mid-week message from the bird". I think if it was with a coma > then it would have been bird's sound.
    So everything is fine.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

• mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Stereotype wrote:
    I'm from Slovenia and English is my foreign language and I don't know all of the rules- but - I'm quite sure that Kat meant tweet as a noun..so "mid-week tweet" in meaning is the same as "mid-week message from the bird". I think if it was with a coma > then it would have been bird's sound.
    So everything is fine.

Nice explanation. Maybe we should get you to interpret all the 10c's code.
  • ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    drew0 wrote:

Is anyone following me?

hahah. Hilarious!
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4