Getting up front at Lolla

Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Ok, I figured I'd ask for tips on this because I'm going to Lolla with a friend that's a big Radiohead fan, and it would be a big disappointment to us both if we got stuck in the middle or back. We want to be as close as possible. So, my ?s are....How early would we have to line up in order to be in the front of the line to make it to the stage first? How fast would we have to run(we both are cross country/track runners, so being faster than people won't be an issue), and...What how much water would we need to keep with us? Any help would be much appreciated!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I did the big run for PJ last year. We lined up at like 8am, they let us in at roughly 11. There are basically 2 lines: one for backpacks and one for people brining in nothing. What we did was I gave my gf the backpack with lots of water and I ran it. You gotta be pretty fast, but not no Carl Lewis to get front row.

Even having the rail I was able to leave to get food and go to the washroom - just get to know your neighbours well.

Have fun, and I hope it's not as hot as it was last year on Sunday afternoon.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    What if you gotta take a piss?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Like I said I had the rail and was able to leave to go to the washroom. Although at Bonnaroo last year I wasn't able to leave the pit area so I pissed in a bottle - no joke : )
  • If you absolutely want front row, you gotta line up early in the morning and run in and stay there all day.

If you just want to get close, you don't have to hang out there all day. Probably about 1.5-2 hours before hand, you'll have to make your way towards the stage depending. Luckily, I don't need to do this for Radiohead (I'll be hangin' back), and RATM and NIN will be easy because pits open up everywhere so you eventually can get really close even if you start way back.
  • Ok, I figured I'd ask for tips on this because I'm going to Lolla with a friend that's a big Radiohead fan, and it would be a big disappointment to us both if we got stuck in the middle or back. We want to be as close as possible. So, my ?s are....How early would we have to line up in order to be in the front of the line to make it to the stage first? How fast would we have to run(we both are cross country/track runners, so being faster than people won't be an issue), and...What how much water would we need to keep with us? Any help would be much appreciated!

i've gone every year and i have noticed that the die hards pretty much get there at 11am and stay up front all day long.

by 5pm you can't get anywhere within 500 feet of any main stage. by evening, expect to be either the furthest back you've ever been, or elbow to elbow with a bunch of drunk, dirty, sweaty people completely unable to move.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB