powderfinger

edited December 2006 in Other Music
any big powderfinger fans out there, cant wait for there new album in 2007?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• oh yeah....glad they're all back together.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    it's definitely not my favorite song of his, but it's ok I guess. the lyrics are better than the music. the song drags on too much between verses imo.
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    I like both The Internationalist and Odysseynumberfive but thought Vulture Street was awful, seemed like they'd lost all sense of melody and replaced it with a dirge pub rock sound. Didn't bother with Fanning's Solo album, might be tempted by the new one but only if the reviews suggest they have left the droning blandness of Vulture Street behind.
  • Soupy wrote:
    I like both The Internationalist and Odysseynumberfive but thought Vulture Street was awful, seemed like they'd lost all sense of melody and replaced it with a dirge pub rock sound. Didn't bother with Fanning's Solo album, might be tempted by the new one but only if the reviews suggest they have left the droning blandness of Vulture Street behind.

That is pretty funny because i thought vulture street was by far their best album. And Bernards Fannings "tea and sympathy" is up their as one of my favourite albums of 2006. thats how i see it anyway, but i am really looking forward to the newie.
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    That is pretty funny because i thought vulture street was by far their best album. And Bernards Fannings "tea and sympathy" is up their as one of my favourite albums of 2006. thats how i see it anyway, but i am really looking forward to the newie.

Heh, Horses for Courses.

Do you like Oasis? That's what Vulture Street 'Guitar' sound reminded me off. Never could stand Oasis that's why I probably never got into Vulture.
  • nah i have never really got into oasis so i never made that connection. i am a brissy boy and have grown listenting to them so thats how i got into them.
  • i cannot wait for the new album! im glad they are back doing their thing, but im also so glad that bernie went off to do his own thing too, that tea and sympathy album rocks and he did a brilliant tour too.. but still cant wait for more powderfinger!
  • good, im glad theyve got a new one coming out, hopefully its nice and rockin...
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Love PowderFinger!
    My absolute favorite song which sometimes seems to be a forgotten song.....
    SINCE YOU"VE BEEN GONE!

Dying to see them sometime in NYC. Australian Rock n Roll Rules!!!
    (Especially Silverchair)!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    love powderfinger......

vulture street was awesome...straight up rock! i liked it, anyway.... :)

bernard fannings solo thing was bloody awesome as well...but great to see the boys are back in the studio together

thats it...tomorrow im gonna watch the DVD....ive just decided. thanx! hahaha
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • Powderfinger are awesome and Odyssey is probably their best album with Internationalist not far behind. Can't wait to hear some new materail.....
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i have to be in the right mood to listen to powderfinger. but bernard's 'tea and sympathy' is one of my, if not the, most played albums this year.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • never heard of them, but the name makes me squish up my nose.
  • you should make the effort to have a listen to them, quality stuff IMO.
    11/3/95 - Eastern Creek, Sydney
    12/3/98 - Sydney
    8 & 9/2/03 - Brisbane
    7/11/06 - Sydney
    11/11/06 - Brisbane
    14/11/06 - Melbourne
    19/11/06 - Newcastle
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I liked internationalist but after that ewww VS was just a bad album.... sunsets makes me sick. I prefer bernard doing his solo stuff .... its much better.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • brock05 wrote:
    you should make the effort to have a listen to them, quality stuff IMO.

mmmm yeaaaaah, but I'm not really the "effort" type, more like the I'll maybe listen with a direct link to songs posted, and that's a maybe.
    but nice try though
    La St. La wrote:
    mmmm yeaaaaah, but I'm not really the "effort" type, more like the I'll maybe listen with a direct link to songs posted, and that's a maybe.
    but nice try though

not worth it anyway;)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Zoso wrote:
    I liked internationalist but after that ewww VS was just a bad album.... sunsets makes me sick. I prefer bernard doing his solo stuff .... its much better.

i dont mind a bit of sunsets. every once in a while it goes down alright
    i dont mind a bit of sunsets. every once in a while it goes down alright

there is worse than PF and better they are just average.