Is Criss Cornell worth seeing?

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited September 2007 in Other Music
I got an email telling me that chris cornell is supporting linkin park in aus, and he is doing 2 solo shows. what does he sing in a solo concert? sound garden, audioslave T.O.T.D? It will be good to know so i can round up a few mates, thanks guys...
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Definitely worth seeing. He sings a bit of everything he has done, with all the bands and also solo stuff. Check out http://www.chriscornell.org.uk if you want more info about past shows.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    only if you want to learn how to spell his first name
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    he was awesome 2 months ago so i vote yes
  • yeah he was awesome at the beacon when i saw him this summer. only problem was in the balcony where my seats were the crowd was real weak. everyone around us was basically sitting. good thing no one had the balls to ask me to sit.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I loved him. Saw him solo (with a band though) in april. Never saw him b4 with SG or AS.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    He plays a bit of everything. Well worth going to see him.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Yeah, definitely check him out. The crowd won't be as rabid as they were earlier on in the tour, but the performance is amazing.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I got an email telling me that chris cornell is supporting linkin park in aus, and he is doing 2 solo shows. what does he sing in a solo concert? sound garden, audioslave T.O.T.D? It will be good to know so i can round up a few mates, thanks guys...
    I think this means he will play an awesome 2+ hour set, some acoustic, some electric, some solo, TOTD songs, Audioslave songs, Soundgarden, Zep covers, and other awesome shit... as long as their isn't a designer jeans industry party near by!

HAHAHAH!!!

Oct 4th, Denver rescheduled.. I got my tickets refunded, I'm looking for a possible designer clothing event that night where Chris is more likely to show up at!
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Yeah, you should. His records aren't exactly great anymore but he's suddenly become amazing live.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,705
    Put on a very good show in Boston, I'd recommend it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • seen him 4 times this year, every gig was phenomenal, you will kick yourself for not going, there are alot of soundgarden songs in the set as well as a couple of totd, his solo stuff includings songs like seasons and audioslave hits.

his band are to be respected for learning all those songs and playing them with the fervour and skill they command.

seriously, go!!!
  • Definitely worth going. Fantastic if you're a fan of his stuff, yesterday and today.
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    saw him twice this year. two fantastic shows. highly recommended.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    much better than I thought it would be when I saw him at the beacon

definitley worth the price of admission
  • Yep I agree with everyone else, saw him a couple of weeks back and he was INCREDIBLE.
  • I saw him at the Electric Factory in Philly and he was pretty good. Didn't play Jesus Pose (GRRRRR), but I got over that...almost. ;)

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there was something a little corny about the whole thing... Maybe it was having his own spotlight? :D Maybe it was the guitarist that unbuttoned his shirt? :D But, if you can look past it, it's worth it to hear him belt out some Soundgarden tunes. :D
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I'd say skip it...I just went to see him solo (Massey Hall, Toronto) and his vioce was great but it was really lame. His band was a JOKE it was so strange cause his voice was still kick ass but his band was pretty bad. I've seen Audioslave and loved them live and I've seen Soundgarden and they were mind blowing...I've always liked him...just not this time, solo and with his new band. The setlist was incrediable on paper but I left really disappionted and almost in shock that it was that bad. Just my 2 cents thou.
  • Where the hell is the joke about his musicians? They are all incredible players, I would suggest it's more likely that you have a weird hang up.
  • innit though.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    i seen him at massey hall in july and he was fuckin amazing....go see him for sure
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I heard...no
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Just got tickets for the Melbourne show through the pre-sale, cant wait! :) I'm so glad I held out and waited for solo shows, I wasnt gonna pay that much to see him support Linkin Park
  • OK, you be the judge, here's a pro-shot video of Jesus Christ Pose from a few weeks ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEYffb6MOWY
  • Well what to say, he doens't play that much from the new record, which is good. He was totally awesome when I saw him. There's no excuse for not going!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    dunkman wrote:
    only if you want to learn how to spell his first name[/QUOT

Geez, everyone is a comedian. You obviously have never heard of a typo.... However, I am about three months away from being a qualified journalist, so my lecturer would kill me. I do apologise for my spelling, though in this lax format I did not think spelling was overly important.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Oh and I meant to say Thanks for everyone's responses. I will have to gather some mates up. Cheers.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • If you want to check out setlists for the tour so far and read reviews etc, they're all on my site at http://www.chriscornell.org.uk - click "tour". :)

Clare
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I was supposed to get tix today in the presale for Forum but I didn't do it! Now everyone's talking about how great it is, I just hope I can get tix on Friday when they go on sale. :o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    I was supposed to get tix today in the presale for Forum but I didn't do it! Now everyone's talking about how great it is, I just hope I can get tix on Friday when they go on sale. :o

Hey Jeanie, the pre-sale is still going on, it ends 20/10 5pm, and last time I checked tickets are still available.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Hey Jeanie, the pre-sale is still going on, it ends 20/10 5pm, and last time I checked tickets are still available.

Awesome! :) Thanks for that! I just not so sure I wanna put it on my credit card! I'm trying to get the balance down on the sucker! :eek: Plus my friends that are gonna go are all getting tix on Friday I think, but it's general admission right? I just don't want to buy one for me, then discover that they're not going and I'll be on my own. :o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift