Beatles on vinyl...

TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
edited June 2007 in Other Music
I just got my turntable from my mom's basement recently and finally plugged it in just now. Beatles sound so much better with the crackle and pop. Holy moly. I am trying to explain the significance to my version 2.5. He likes Octopus's Garden. We are listening to the blue greatest album, side b of record 2.
Next is Sgt. Pepper's. Now I HAVE to get some PJ records. :)
Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I just got my turntable from my mom's basement recently and finally plugged it in just now. Beatles sound so much better with the crackle and pop. Holy moly. I am trying to explain the significance to my version 2.5. He likes Octopus's Garden. We are listening to the blue greatest album, side b of record 2.
    Next is Sgt. Pepper's. Now I HAVE to get some PJ records. :)

They definitely sound better on vinyl...........dont think even the sound of vinyl can save Octopus' Garden though because that is just an awful song.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    You are correct! Further to your point, just about everything sounds better on vinyl...and yes, even things that weren't recorded analog to start with.

Btw, I love your sig - one of my fav Beatles tunes for sure!!!!
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Well, a 2 and a half year old likes the song. I don't expect an adult to agree. lol
    I switched to Dark Side of the Moon for a while. Holy moly.
    dirt wrote:
    You are correct! Further to your point, just about everything sounds better on vinyl...and yes, even things that weren't recorded analog to start with.

Btw, I love your sig - one of my fav Beatles tunes for sure!!!!
    I like yours! :)
    I recycle and ride a bicycle! :) I got an Electra Townie for my b-day! I love it.
    I love records....
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I got an Electra Townie for my b-day! I love it.
    I love records....

Bikes and vinyl... I love them both!
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
    I just listened to Sgt. Pepper's. I am in love. Perfect condition. I even have the little paper dolls that came with it. I remember finding it in the Goodwill in New Haven for 25 cents. Back in the day..I could buy 55 records for the price you kids pay for one download on iTunes. lol