Pearl Jam Cover Band - Ten?

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I think I've heard a lot about them on here, but I'm not sure. They're Pittsburgh natives, and I'll be in Pittsburgh the weekend they are here. I was just wondering if they were worth checking out?
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    yeah they are pretty decent. definitely worth checking out, i may be driving down there just to see it myself.
  • just saw these guys on saturday.. not bad at all, defiteley worth your time. i'd go again
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • better than listening to dance remix's all night that's for sure.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • swtlewswtlew Posts: 73
    If you get a chance to see the PJ cover band "Evenflow" take the chance. They rock and if Beav's voice isn't trashed, as occasionally happens, he has Ed down pretty good. He even shares a bottle with the crowd during Crazy Mary. Their website is http://www.evenflowrocks.com. They are Midwest (Indiana/Chicago) based but travel around the country quite a bit. Send Beav a shot of Southern Comfort. He'll appreciate it!
    I want to rock and roll all night, and part of every day. - M. McCready
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I saw them within the last year - they are pretty good. fun time.
  • Ten will rock your socks... go see 'em.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I've heard good things about No Code- they play a lot in the NE.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • [size=+3]TEN will rock you six ways sideways!

They are one of the best PJ tributes around!!!
    [/size]
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    drew0 wrote:
    I was just wondering if they were worth checking out?

absolutely. saw them in Columbus and they nailed it.

and yeah, EVENFLOW kicks ass as well.
    great bunch of guys, always a good time :D
    Nice shirt.
  • About 6 years ago I really enjoyed seeing Evenflow, they were really good. I am from the midwest and I have an opportunity to see them quite often. Except I have made the decision to not see them anymore. Beaver gets to drunk to wear he butchers the lyrics, he misses words because he would rather do shots throughout the songs. Evenflow needs to hang it up !! The last 4 times I saw them I had to leave, it was embarassing as PJ fan to listen to that, it is totally disrespectful to the band. They played at Morretti's bar before a Pearl Jam show at the United Center. The singer and the guitar player whom is excellent by the way were an hour late, and as a group sounded terrible. I liked them when they cared and it wasn't for the money. Maybe they are better when the play in other states throughout the country I don't know, but when they are in there home town or area it is repulsive.

Sorry Evenflow fans but it is true.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Ten is awesome! Great bunch of guys that put on a good and fun show. I'm still fussing at certain places here in Roanoke to try to get them back here.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • I saw ten last year at grape street in philly, the band was pretty good, the lead singer was really good, had all of eddies movements down pat. my loyalties are with no code though, ive seen them a few times and they rock ass!
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    one of you guys need to to come play boston..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • I heard Rich Little is playing Vegas.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • tkacztkacz Posts: 91
    On behalf of TEN, thanks for all of the kind words.

All of the tributes do a pretty good job, and have a good time partying with their fellow fans and friends. Believe me, if not for love of PJ, the music, and the PJ fans it would be nearly impossible to do this show night in and night out !

With regard to Evenflow, while I have never met the guys or seen them play, I do know they have many wonderful fans and have brought a ton of fun and excitement to folks all over the country. We've made several mutual friends over the years, and from what I have heard I can only assume that the show is outstanding....

Either way, we all should be aware of the challenges that Beaver the lead singer in Evenflow is facing these days. ( http://www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks ) He has brought a ton of joy to Pearl jam fans all over the US, and I strongly urge the PJ family to pull together and wish him well as he battles his latest challenge.

We are pulling for you Beav, and if there is anything that we can do, please let us know !!!

ten
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    I live in the pittsburgh area and am very excited to see you guys play sometime soon! :D
  • im in tha burgh, im down if a bunch of yinz think you'll all go hangout
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • bump

so who if anyone is gonna go to their show at altar bar next wknd?

im thinkin about it for sure...but ive never seen a pj cover band and im not sure how i will feel about it
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    i will be at the altar bar show! i've seen these guys...hmmm like 7 or 8 times now and had a complete blast at every show. be ready to rock out, although some folks at altar bar get pretty creepy (mainly the 40+ yr old men). play peter's pub in oakland some more guys!
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    tkacz wrote:
    On behalf of TEN, thanks for all of the kind words.

All of the tributes do a pretty good job, and have a good time partying with their fellow fans and friends. Believe me, if not for love of PJ, the music, and the PJ fans it would be nearly impossible to do this show night in and night out !

With regard to Evenflow, while I have never met the guys or seen them play, I do know they have many wonderful fans and have brought a ton of fun and excitement to folks all over the country. We've made several mutual friends over the years, and from what I have heard I can only assume that the show is outstanding....

Either way, we all should be aware of the challenges that Beaver the lead singer in Evenflow is facing these days. ( http://www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks ) He has brought a ton of joy to Pearl jam fans all over the US, and I strongly urge the PJ family to pull together and wish him well as he battles his latest challenge.

We are pulling for you Beav, and if there is anything that we can do, please let us know !!!

ten
    btw dude, u guys need to play breath more...u rock the hell out of the fretless bass :)
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Ten is awesome! Great bunch of guys that put on a good and fun show. I'm still fussing at certain places here in Roanoke to try to get them back here.

They are expensive to book. But they are hands down the best PJ cover band out there. I just have a hard time going farther than 10 miles to see any PJ coverband...
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    these guys are good. saw them in NYC, my husband's band played before them. Just a nice group of guys who like what they do. Check them out you will not be disappointed
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    My friend and I are going. Actually got an email from Ticketbastard for "free tix". Ended up coting $8.10 which is better than $20. If anyone wants a shot at this let me know. See some of you next Friday!!! :thumbup:
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    gndcd402 wrote:
    i will be at the altar bar show! i've seen these guys...hmmm like 7 or 8 times now and had a complete blast at every show. be ready to rock out, although some folks at altar bar get pretty creepy (mainly the 40+ yr old men). play peter's pub in oakland some more guys!

Dude, I promise if I ever make it there, I'll try not to be too creepy! :lol::lol: