Help, I Need Foreign Punk

sapperskunksapperskunk Posts: 684
edited January 2007 in Other Music
I need help compliling a playlist of foreign punk tunes. And when I say foreign I mean sung NOT in English. This would include Die toten Hosen or plastic bertrand etc etc.
Also bands that sing in english but have one or two songs in another language. ie NOFX doing "Champs dy Elysses".

With the combined music knowledge of this board, it shouldn't be too hard. Right?
www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    damn... i thought you were an American woman and you'd just missed a vital 'S' from your thread title!!! otherwise I was up for it :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • damn... i thought you were an American woman and you'd just missed a vital 'S' from your thread title!!! otherwise I was up for it :(

Sorry bro, I'm a big, ugly hairy dude and nothing but. But I will update the title. :)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Sorry bro, I'm a big, ugly hairy dude and nothing but. But I will update the title. :)

you can't change the title my man... but ugly hairy dude aside... i hope you achieve your foreign punk quest :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I need help compliling a playlist of foreign punk tunes. And when I say foreign I mean sung NOT in English. This would include Die toten Hosen or plastic bertrand etc etc.
    Also bands that sing in english but have one or two songs in another language. ie NOFX doing "Champs dy Elysses".

With the combined music knowledge of this board, it shouldn't be too hard. Right?

Try Los Violadores from Argentina...Die Toten Hosen plays one tune of them very often. it´s called "uno, dos, ultraviolento"
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Not sure, whether you'll like them or not, try them out anyway.

The name of band is Kino, it's Russian post-punk band that was popular in the in the 80's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kino_(band))
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    how can such a pro-establishment guy be into punk?
  • how can such a pro-establishment guy be into punk?

1. I'm a libertarian, give me a break.

2. I was brought to every single Gas Huffer and Grunt Truck show imaginable when I was younger here in Seattle. So I was raised on Grunge and Punk.

3. I'm the host of a radio show that plays a lot of grunge, punk, psychobilly, etc. I need new music I've never heard of.

4. Not all punk is left wing anti-establishment stuff anyway, and no I'm not talking nazi shit either. How anti-establishment were the Ramones? Johnny Ramone himself was a hardcore right winger.

5. What are you the punk police, make yourself useful and give me some foreign artists. ;)
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    5. What are you the punk police, make yourself useful and give me some foreign artists. ;)

lol, a good one!!! :D
  • Gogol Bordello are a pretty fun alternative/punk band; I think they're Ukranian and some of their stuff is in the language.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    1. I'm a libertarian, give me a break.

2. I was brought to every single Gas Huffer and Grunt Truck show imaginable when I was younger here in Seattle. So I was raised on Grunge and Punk.

3. I'm the host of a radio show that plays a lot of grunge, punk, psychobilly, etc. I need new music I've never heard of.

4. Not all punk is left wing anti-establishment stuff anyway, and no I'm not talking nazi shit either. How anti-establishment were the Ramones? Johnny Ramone himself was a hardcore right winger.

i hate punk actually. think it sucks. just wanted to give you shit.
  • Berrurier Noir (France)
    Lofofora (France)
    Les Breastfeeders (Québec)
    Vulgaires Machins (Québec)
    Les Marmottes Applaties (Québec)
    La Descente du Coude (Québec)
    Le Nombre (Québec)

and there's a ton more that i never heard about...
    http://www.quebecpunkscene.net/groupes.php
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    Nina Hagen. The only song that springs to mind at the moment is 'Ich glotz TV', but I think there must be something more punk out there.
    Plastic Bertrand is considered punk? Now I have Ca Plane Pour Moi stuck in my head :mad:
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    Berurier Noir (mentioned above) is pretty good. Other good French punk/rock bands are Noir Desire (sort of punk/metal) and Outrage (kind of ska/punk - they remind me a little of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones).
  • hendrix78 wrote:
    Berurier Noir (mentioned above) is pretty good. Other good French punk/rock bands are Noir Desire (sort of punk/metal) and Outrage (kind of ska/punk - they remind me a little of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones).

I was listening to Beru before Pearl Jam, they're definitly a classic punk bands, sapperskunk should play them on his show...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • I was listening to Beru before Pearl Jam, they're definitly a classic punk bands, sapperskunk should play them on his show...

I totally am. I like these guys a lot, I'm playing Au Quebec along with some Los Violadores. Unfortunately I checked out the other artists mentioned and they were a little too "off" for the show.

But thanks everybody, I gotta burn this CD and head to class. But thanks again and tune in for the greatest rock show this side of the Euphrates at 8:00 pm Pacific at KSER.ORG We take requests at 425 303-9070

Oh and "Ca plane pour moi" is close enough. Sorry I got it stuck in your head.
  • I totally am. I like these guys a lot, I'm playing Au Quebec along with some Los Violadores. Unfortunately I checked out the other artists mentioned and they were a little too "off" for the show.

But thanks everybody, I gotta burn this CD and head to class. But thanks again and tune in for the greatest rock show this side of the Euphrates at 8:00 pm Pacific at KSER.ORG We take requests at 425 303-9070

Oh and "Ca plane pour moi" is close enough. Sorry I got it stuck in your head.

That's great about Berurriers Noirs, after posting in this thread i had to listen to their music, it's the first time i listen to music in the "tape cassette" format in years :) (i need to go buy their cds).

Out of the bands i named, Les Breastfeeders are my favorite, i like their garage rock n roll sound, i'm sure you could find a song that fits your show, and Ça Plane Pour Moi sure is a catchy song...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau